• 17.04.2024, 01:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Ambient temperatures measurement

Dienstag, 30. November 2021, 00:29

Apologies if this is a basic question, but what’s the best method to measure ambient temperatures? Put a temperature sensor on an intake rad on the outside of the rad? Ie the closest point to the ingress of air? Or does the sensor need to go somewhere just outside the case? Never done an ambient sensor before so not sure of the best way! Thanks :)

Remayz

Dienstag, 30. November 2021, 01:30

close to a rad is a bit dodgy because the rad itself is warm. even as intake it can radiate heat on it when you're into some serious gaming.
I personally leave a sensor to dangle off the side of the case i don't see :p
you can simply compare its reading to a good thermometer you put in the same room, see if it's not too far off. As long as it's not in the warm air bubble that the PC brews, you're golden.
It doesn't need to be super exact anyway

Dienstag, 30. November 2021, 02:09

I placed my ambient sensor facing forward.

Dienstag, 30. November 2021, 22:52

OK thanks guys. Quite like that idea of placing a sensor outside and comparing to a thermometer in the room, that's neat. Then as you say you can "dial in" the one just outside the case.

RE: Ambient temperatures measurement

Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021, 08:23

Apologies if this is a basic question, but what’s the best method to measure ambient temperatures? Put a temperature sensor on an intake rad on the outside of the rad? Ie the closest point to the ingress of air? Or does the sensor need to go somewhere just outside the case? Never done an ambient sensor before so not sure of the best way! Thanks :)

I put the ambient temperature sensor in a place that is not affected by the temperature of the PC.
Try to stay away from your device if possible. :)