• 16.04.2024, 21:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquasuite Key Question - Which device should I tie the key to?

Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021, 05:39

I bought 3 Aquacomputer USB devices for my current rig - an Octo and 2 Farbwerk360's. They were purchased at different times so the initial activation period expiration dates are different for each. Farbwerk360 #1 activation expired first, in August, the Octo activation expired in September, and the 2nd Farbwerk360 activation expired in November. As I understand this, all 3 devices were "activated" until the latest expiration date which has now past. So today I bought an activation key from Aquacomputer. I got the key OK. The FAQ says I can choose which device to tie the activation key to. My question is does it make any difference? If I select the device with the latest original expiration date, does that get me the most amount of time or does it not matter? It also says that they key is tied to one device and if that device is removed, the key goes with it. Of my 3 Aquacomputer USB devices, the Octo is what I would consider the most critical. So would it be best to tie the key to that?

I searched this forum for info about activation keys. Seems like this system started in 2016 but was redone in 2019. I read through the announcement posts but admit that I found it a bit confusing. Should I tie the key I purchased to the most important device, or the device with the latest original expiration, or does it not matter?

RE: Aquasuite Key Question - Which device should I tie the key to?

Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021, 08:14

If the software can be updated to the longest point of view.
You should bind the device with the latest update date. :)

Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021, 12:27

I believe the new license period starts from the time you activate it, expired licenses have no impact.
You should apply the new license to the device least likely to be replaced.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (5. Dezember 2021, 12:29)

Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021, 18:27

Thanks. That is what I thought but I wanted to be sure because I don't think you can change which device the key is tied to once you do it.