• 16.04.2024, 23:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

C47

Octo and Coolermaster MF120 Prismatic Fans

Samstag, 8. Januar 2022, 05:09

Hi All,

Been going through questions in this forum about fan ARGB leds and octo/quadro. Have some follow up questions specifically to this fan.

My setup of LEDs:

9 x MF120 Prismatic fans with 30 LEDs each (6 middle, 24 outer ring LEDs) RGB rated current 0.65A (Product Link: https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/txLGYjCrG1)
Corsair XD5 Reservoir - 10 LEDsCorsair XC7 CPU Block - 16 LEDs
1x Octo = 2x RGBpx channels with 90 LEDs support each
1x High Flow Next = 1x RGBpx channel with 90 LEDs support each

I understand with the block and reservoir I will be over the 90 limit for controlling the LEDs

Cabling is like this however

Channel 1: 3x fans in parallel (High Flow Next connector )
Channel 2: 3x fans + XD5 in parallel (Octo connector 1)
Channel 3: 3x fans + XC7 in parallel (Octo connector 2)
I know they are in parallel because when i switch the LEDs, the fans and XD5/XC7 also change colors.

I plan to connect each channel via this cable and this adapter from Aquacomputers.

Questions:
1) Will the RGBpx output be able to power the LEDs? for example Channel 2 has 100 LEDs to power and Channel 3 has 106.

2) Will the RGBpx cable and adaptor be able to handle the current?
Thank you :)

C47

Edit:formatting

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »C47« (8. Januar 2022, 05:15)

Samstag, 8. Januar 2022, 10:52

1) Will the RGBpx output be able to power the LEDs?
Probably not.
The RGBpx Output has overcurrent protection, so it is safe to try it.

Please make sure you configure 90 LEDs in the Aquasuite Software, to enable max power output. Just create a dummy effect (all white) on LEDs 31-90.
The OCTO will measure power consumption of the LEDs.
If the power draw is too high, the OCTO will try to dim the LED lights to reduce power.
If that is not successful, the overcurrent protection will shut down the RGBpx port.
You need a full power cycle to enable the shut down RGBpx Port again.

If the power consumption is too high, you can buy a Splitty12 active to supply 5v directly from the Power supply unit.

C47

Samstag, 8. Januar 2022, 16:49

If the power consumption is too high, you can buy a Splitty12 active to supply 5v directly from the Power supply unit.

So with the splitty12, I can use one connector from the octo and connect my 3 channels to 3 out of 4 ARGB connectors?

Remayz

Samstag, 8. Januar 2022, 18:05

you'll still be limited to 4.5A max on one splitty 12 (the limit on SATA), with 9 fans on it you will be able to excede the max current (almost 6A)

Also all the fans on a splitty 12 will play the same effect in parallel, you won't have individual control over the 3 channels.
If you want to offload the power draw directly to the PSU you'd need at least 2 splitty 12. Three if you want individual control over each 3 fan channel.

... if they can't handle the fans as is that is. I would test it first to see if the channels shut down.