• 18.04.2024, 20:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Mps pressure as differential sensor

Samstag, 8. Januar 2022, 09:58

Hi

Not sure if I reed this the right way but does section 6.4 in the manual says I could place the sensor basically anywhere in the loop using M5 and G1/4 push-in threads because thats what my current layout looks like, I haven’t filled the loop yet but I leak tested with air pump and everything seems fine and ready to go, I don’t want to use the sensor as a fill level sensor but I’ve got the membrane sitting on top of my reservoir at the moment.

Freitag, 14. Januar 2022, 03:54

Any ideas if this layout is correct? I can provide more details if necessary.

Dops

Freitag, 14. Januar 2022, 05:05

what do you want to use the sensor for?
on page 27 says the sensor only has M5 connectors.
Have you installed it yet? What do you want to monitor with it?

RE: Mps pressure as differential sensor

Freitag, 14. Januar 2022, 13:54

Hi

Not sure if I reed this the right way but does section 6.4 in the manual says I could place the sensor basically anywhere in the loop using M5 and G1/4 push-in threads because thats what my current layout looks like, I haven’t filled the loop yet but I leak tested with air pump and everything seems fine and ready to go, I don’t want to use the sensor as a fill level sensor but I’ve got the membrane sitting on top of my reservoir at the moment.

Which 'pressure' are you trying to find?

Samstag, 15. Januar 2022, 21:49

what do you want to use the sensor for?
on page 27 says the sensor only has M5 connectors.
Have you installed it yet? What do you want to monitor with it?

Hi

Which 'pressure' are you trying to find?

I’ve got dual loop system but both loops have similar layouts, I have got M5 connectors running out of my dual Mps delta 40 sensors into G1/4 connectors using relevant tubing, both high and low sides are connected in the loop lines where flow is running out of other components to the radiators, I am trying to measure any differentials in the pressure in case of situations like pump failure or cloggings.. etc, I have attached couple of photos for illustration.

https://imgur.com/a/ajJ50dd

Samstag, 15. Januar 2022, 23:33

I’ve got dual loop system but both loops have similar layouts, I have got M5 connectors running out of my dual Mps delta 40 sensors into G1/4 connectors using relevant tubing, both high and low sides are connected in the loop lines where flow is running out of other components to the radiators, I am trying to measure any differentials in the pressure in case of situations like pump failure or cloggings.. etc, I have attached couple of photos for illustration.

I am not clear on your setup... I understand you to say both high & low ports of the pressure sensor are Tee'd to your radiator's inlet, which will yield a tiny (if any) pressure delta.

A loop drops pressure through each waterblock, fitting & cm of tubing.

If you want to read the pressure rise across a pump, Tee the low port from the pressure sensor to the pump's inlet, and Tee the high port to the outlet.
If you want to read the pressure drop across a waterblock, Tee the low port to the waterblock's outlet, and Tee the high port to the inlet.

Not positive about the following having never tried it:
If you want to read the actual pressure in the line, Tee the high port of the sensor to the pump's outlet (for highest loop pressure), and leave the low port on the sensor open to ambient (no connection)

Flow sensors are good to check for pump failure or loop clogging.

Both flow or pressure changes are most useful if you have a constant rpm on your pumps, not fluctuation according to temps or flow rate.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (15. Januar 2022, 23:39)

Sonntag, 16. Januar 2022, 03:44

I am not clear on your setup... I understand you to say both high & low ports of the pressure sensor are Tee'd to your radiator's inlet, which will yield a tiny (if any) pressure delta.

If you want to read the pressure rise across a pump, Tee the low port from the pressure sensor to the pump's inlet, and Tee the high port to the outlet.
If you want to read the pressure drop across a waterblock, Tee the low port to the waterblock's outlet, and Tee the high port to the inlet.

If you want to read the actual pressure in the line, Tee the high port of the sensor to the pump's outlet (for highest loop pressure), and leave the low port on the sensor open to ambient (no connection)

Both flow or pressure changes are most useful if you have a constant rpm on your pumps, not fluctuation according to temps or flow rate.

I kind of understood what I should have done instead of current useless layout but Im more confused now in terms of what is the best way to move forward, I have attached a photo showing an overview of what my dual loop layout looks like including external waterbox setup and pressure/flow sensors connections between reservoirs, It might also worth mentioning that im planning to add 2 leakshield devices on top of both reservoirs in the main case in near future, with all that in mind I got the following questions:
Is it still worth it to keep the pressure sensors in the loop even after adding leakshields?
If yes, where would be the best place to locate them to get the most use out of them?
How can I connect them in a perfect sturdy hardline loop without leaving loose ends for the push-in soft tube fittings? can I use T or Y fittings?

Kind of unrelated or maybe on a side note about the leakshield, is it suitable for my current setup or no?

Note: I forgot to mention that the 2 pumps in the main case are D5 Next pumps
»D11125225« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • Slide1.jpg (95,21 kB - 54 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 23. Februar 2024, 07:46)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »D11125225« (16. Januar 2022, 03:52)

Sonntag, 16. Januar 2022, 05:57

I kind of understood what I should have done instead of current useless layout but Im more confused now in terms of what is the best way to move forward, I have attached a photo showing an overview of what my dual loop layout looks like including external waterbox setup and pressure/flow sensors connections between reservoirs, It might also worth mentioning that im planning to add 2 leakshield devices on top of both reservoirs in the main case in near future, with all that in mind I got the following questions:
Is it still worth it to keep the pressure sensors in the loop even after adding leakshields?
If yes, where would be the best place to locate them to get the most use out of them?
How can I connect them in a perfect sturdy hardline loop without leaving loose ends for the push-in soft tube fittings? can I use T or Y fittings?

Kind of unrelated or maybe on a side note about the leakshield, is it suitable for my current setup or no?

Your diagram appears to have coolant flowing through the MPS Pressure Sensor... this does NOT happen. There is no flow through the sensor.
Here is a simple diagram showing how a pressure sensor may be installed {sensor_install.pdf}

I have not built a loop with dual reservoirs. Hopefully someone with experience will jump in and discuss that, particularly in respect to adding LeakShields.
I am also not versed on the impact of a LeakShield on a Pressure sensor.

Sonntag, 16. Januar 2022, 06:40

Your diagram appears to have coolant flowing through the MPS Pressure Sensor... this does NOT happen. There is no flow through the sensor.
Here is a simple diagram showing how a pressure sensor may be installed {[attach]9052[/attach]}

I have not built a loop with dual reservoirs. Hopefully someone with experience will jump in and discuss that, particularly in respect to adding LeakShields.
I am also not versed on the impact of a LeakShield on a Pressure sensor.

I have got an aquaero fitted in the external waterbox and its function supposed to be controlling fans and pumps there using curves based on coolant temps, so there will definitely be fluctuations which are not going to be most useful for the pressure sensor as you mentioned, plus the negative pressure that leakshield might create in a leak situations so im not sure wether the pressure sensor remains relevant here.