• 18.04.2024, 14:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

lowtide

High Flow reads 0.0 l/h

Montag, 10. Januar 2022, 12:41

I've recently completed my setup where I've added the "Flow sensor high flow LT, G1/4" in series. I've connected it to my OCTO on the flow input with the small 3-pin connector, and the 2-pin connector to the temperature input. And of course the large connector to the flow meter itself.
I've chosen "sensoor type" as "53068". OCTO reports 0.0 l/h. Pump is running at 100%.

As I missing something?

Montag, 10. Januar 2022, 23:25

My guess is that yours is broken.

I have 2 high flow sensors, an lt and a high flow 2. The high flow 2 worked for 2 weeks then started doing exactly what yours is doing. The high flow lt currently works but makes a terrible clicking sound with flow over 215 l/h up to max flow in my system of 345 l/h.

While aquacomputerr has the great aquasuite, I think their product quality control is really terrible right now, and they aren't an American company.

They aren't very responsive to their customers' needs or input, and don't seem to be too interested in fixing their broken devices people have already paid for or doing right by the customer when their gear goes wrong.

Dienstag, 11. Januar 2022, 08:32

This is a user forum, not a support forum!
If there are problems with Aquacomputer devices they will be solved, just send an email to support@aquacomputer.de.

If you hope for tips from the users you should always share as much information as possible about your loop, in this case it could be that you have a very low flow rate, which is below the detection limit of the sensor.
The more information you can give, the more likely it is that the problem can be found and solved.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

lowtide

Dienstag, 11. Januar 2022, 09:50

My guess is that yours is broken.

I have 2 high flow sensors, an lt and a high flow 2. The high flow 2 worked for 2 weeks then started doing exactly what yours is doing. The high flow lt currently works but makes a terrible clicking sound with flow over 215 l/h up to max flow in my system of 345 l/h.

While aquacomputerr has the great aquasuite, I think their product quality control is really terrible right now, and they aren't an American company.

They aren't very responsive to their customers' needs or input, and don't seem to be too interested in fixing their broken devices people have already paid for or doing right by the customer when their gear goes wrong.
That doesn't sound so comforting.

This is a user forum, not a support forum!
If there are problems with Aquacomputer devices they will be solved, just send an email to support@aquacomputer.de.

If you hope for tips from the users you should always share as much information as possible about your loop, in this case it could be that you have a very low flow rate, which is below the detection limit of the sensor.
The more information you can give, the more likely it is that the problem can be found and solved.

Feel free to skip to the next thread if you have nothing of value to add. I think you might not understand what a forum is used for, it's definitely not only for "my system is running 100% I just want to show off".
I've already sent them a mail, but they say "it currently takes up to two weeks to respond to e-mails", which is insanely poor customer service.

With pump running at 100% I can clearly see in the reservoir that there's a lot of flow, well above the minimum 40 l/h. That's why I assume the issue is the flow meter or the Octo controller.

Dienstag, 11. Januar 2022, 09:54

Since you have apparently understood how forums work, I wish you good luck. :rolleyes:
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Dienstag, 11. Januar 2022, 14:57

@lowtide

I understand you are frustrated and disappointed, but coming in with attitude will not serve your needs best.
In the case of a suspected defective product, communication with support by email will be your most expeditious option.
Generally, if replacement is required, they will send a replacement and you will not be asked to return the defective product, its serial # will be disabled.

Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2022, 01:25

Feel free to skip to the next thread if you have nothing of value to add. I think you might not understand what a forum is used for, it's definitely not only for "my system is running 100% I just want to show off".
I've already sent them a mail, but they say "it currently takes up to two weeks to respond to e-mails", which is insanely poor customer service.

Currently, yes.

In case you weren't aware, Covid is quite bad in mainland Europe at the minute and Germany (where AquaComputer are) is having a particularly bad time of it... Plus, in general, the world is stuck at home, so everyone is upgrading their PCs (hence the chip shortages) and buying AC kit, so AC are getting flooded by loads of new orders and new users asking questions, all while trying to work around whatever restrictions are in place.

As is, they say "up to", but the actual response time may be far quicker.

As for adding value - As mentioned, this is a user forum and so certain things cannot be diagnosed/resolved by us. AC staff do check in here whenever they can, but there's only like three or four of them and they're swamped at the best of times.

So, for best results, you ought to include as much info on your system and problem as possible.

For example - Have you instead tried setting it "to a calibration value of 169 impulses per liter", as per the manual?

lowtide

Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2022, 11:23

@lowtide

I understand you are frustrated and disappointed, but coming in with attitude will not serve your needs best.
In the case of a suspected defective product, communication with support by email will be your most expeditious option.
Generally, if replacement is required, they will send a replacement and you will not be asked to return the defective product, its serial # will be disabled.
I didn't come in with an attitude, I responded with an attitude - big difference. Saying a forum isn't for asking for help, is like saying supermarkets aren't for buying food.

I explained how I've connected it, and asked if I were missing something. This is to rule out user error, which is often much quicker than going back and forth with support multiple times. Just what forums are good for.. hence the reply to the better-knowing "This is a user forum, not a support forum!".

Currently, yes.

In case you weren't aware, Covid is quite bad in mainland Europe at the minute and Germany (where AquaComputer are) is having a particularly bad time of it... Plus, in general, the world is stuck at home, so everyone is upgrading their PCs (hence the chip shortages) and buying AC kit, so AC are getting flooded by loads of new orders and new users asking questions, all while trying to work around whatever restrictions are in place.

As is, they say "up to", but the actual response time may be far quicker.

As for adding value - As mentioned, this is a user forum and so certain things cannot be diagnosed/resolved by us. AC staff do check in here whenever they can, but there's only like three or four of them and they're swamped at the best of times.

So, for best results, you ought to include as much info on your system and problem as possible.

For example - Have you instead tried setting it "to a calibration value of 169 impulses per liter", as per the manual?
In case you weren't aware either, many can work from at home, for example customer support. All it takes is a reply to an email. And if were as bad as you're trying to make it seem, it's odd that they could ship within 1 business day.

Having used forums for 20+ years, and having managed several as well, I'd say I have a quite good idea of what a "user forum" can be used for. Diagnosing problems is definitely one of them. IF there is a problem with a product, it is of course up to the seller to remedy that.

Your last line is exactly what's the purpose of a forum like this. Making suggestions that ultimately can rule out user error, making it quicker and easier for AC support to help resolve the issue.

Connected with the small 3-pin there is nowhere I can calibrate the impulses. I have a dropdown with three different sensor types, all which only have a "correction factor" in percentage. In "Data quick view" it only show l/h, no impulses.

Thank you for the first real suggestion :)

lowtide

Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2022, 11:49

Based on your question, I yanked out the small 3-pin and plugged in larger 3-pin to one of the fan headers. There it show 346 rpm, which should then be just over 120 l/h. A bit below what I expected, but still well within the capability of the flow meter.

It's with 2x360, motherboard/CPU block, GPU block, flow meter and a D5 pump.

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2022, 04:21

In case you weren't aware either, many can work from at home, for example customer support. All it takes is a reply to an email. And if were as bad as you're trying to make it seem, it's odd that they could ship within 1 business day.

Having used forums for 20+ years, and having managed several as well, I'd say I have a quite good idea of what a "user forum" can be used for. Diagnosing problems is definitely one of them. IF there is a problem with a product, it is of course up to the seller to remedy that.

Your last line is exactly what's the purpose of a forum like this. Making suggestions that ultimately can rule out user error, making it quicker and easier for AC support to help resolve the issue.

Connected with the small 3-pin there is nowhere I can calibrate the impulses. I have a dropdown with three different sensor types, all which only have a "correction factor" in percentage. In "Data quick view" it only show l/h, no impulses.

Thank you for the first real suggestion :)

In case you weren't aware, not every corner of the IT industry is able to work from home, particularly those requiring workshops in which they have access to every single product in order to test-replicate your user issues and subsequently test/validate solutions before replying to you with them... which is often what AC will do.

Those that must go to work are often restricted in their workspaces by social distancing regulations, and in a small company like AquaComputer that often means only one or two people can be in the workshop at any one time.

Add to this the already mentioned increase in workload and associated problems in that regard - namely a 40-60% reduction in workforce and a >75% increase in workload - and you might now begin to see that it's not as simple as you'd like to think.

While forums can be used to help resolve problems, having used and managed them for 20 years you'll also know that it's not always the best resource, as only a limited number will have both the knowledge and product experience to find your fix, particularly if your explanation is somewhat terse. But more importantly, if your product needs a repair or replacement, you'll often have to contact support anyway, meaning they'll need you to go through the whole conversation and checking process again to validate their procedures before they can RMA it... at which point it usually is quicker to contact support directly.

Try unplugging the 2-pin connector, as the High Flow LT apparently does not have an integrated temperature sensor anyway.

Also, which coolant are you using?

lowtide

Freitag, 14. Januar 2022, 09:12

Try unplugging the 2-pin connector, as the High Flow LT apparently does not have an integrated temperature sensor anyway.

Also, which coolant are you using?
It says in the documentation that the 2-pin should be connected. What's the purpose of that connector then?

I'm using EK Cryofuel.

Freitag, 14. Januar 2022, 10:23

Quote from the Manual:
Connect the appropriate 3-pin connector to the flow sensorconnector of your device. If using as high flow 2, connect the appropri-
ate 2-pin connector to a temperature sensor connector.
(The high flow
LT does not have an integrated temperature sensor.)

lowtide

Freitag, 14. Januar 2022, 12:34

Quote from the Manual:
Connect the appropriate 3-pin connector to the flow sensorconnector of your device. If using as high flow 2, connect the appropri-
ate 2-pin connector to a temperature sensor connector.
(The high flow
LT does not have an integrated temperature sensor.)
Remembered wrong. What's the purpose of the 2-pin connector then? Nothing?

Funny thing.. You say it's not a "support forum", however that's exactly what aquacomputer calls it themselves (direct link in aquasuite).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lowtide« (14. Januar 2022, 12:36)

Freitag, 14. Januar 2022, 12:50

There is simply one cable for the high flow 2 and the LT, since the LT does not have a temperature sensor you do not need the 2 pin.

There I have expressed myself inaccurately, I meant manufacturer support, here the users help.

When it comes to hardware defects and RMAs is always the contact directly with Aquacomputer necessary.

Under support on the homepage stands:

Aqua Computer is a company designed for the Internet. Accordingly our communication ways are primarily aligned to this medium. Of course we also offer telephone support, but the better way is to use e-mail or one of the web forms.
If you go the way via mail or formluar, your request will always reach the right contact person and you will get the best possible information.
Please do not post personal support requests in our forum. We will not be able to give appropriate answers there for privacy reasons.

Please send requests by mail to: support@aqua-computer.de

Remayz

Freitag, 14. Januar 2022, 14:31

There are experienced users that will know how to troubleshoot most common problems, and that are glad to help fellow users get by quickly. All manufacturers do that, and there are quite a few here that i see on the Corsair users forum doing the same thing :p

It's free for the company (besides forum upkeep), gets a kind of community going, and most people can have their problem sorted quickly. win-win.

As Taubenhaucher said, if the problem is hardware, you will in the end have to deal with Aquacomputer directly through support email.

And that 2 pin is for the PTC thermistor that is embedded in the high flow 2 yep.