• 20.04.2024, 00:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

RGBpx help.

Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2022, 14:47

Hi, i'm currently planning a new build, so i need help to understand what stuff i will need to control RGB/Fans optimmaly.
I will have 5 Corsair fans with 8 LEDs each.
Loop will use D5 Next with Ultiube Led ring.
Currently i have Highflow NEXT and QUADRO.

As far i understand, my only way of controlling FANs rgb with 2xSplitty4, but then i have only 1 RGBpx inputs on the QUADRO, so i can't connect both splitty4s into it?
If i understand correctly, i can connect ULTITUBE's LED ring into D5 Next RGBpx port.
So can i connect the other splitty4 into let's say HighFlow next RGBpx port, or not ?

Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2022, 23:50

That is one way of doing it. Since you have 5 fans, you would need 2 x Splitty4's. The Splitty4 has a loop out so you can connect the loop out of the 1st Splitty4 to the RGBpx in of the second Splitty4 (if you want all 5 fan's RGB tied together). Five fans x 8 LEDs per is 40 LEDs so you are OK there. I think you could also do it with1 Splitty4 by connecting the 5th fan's ARGB connector to the Splitty4 loop out. You would need an RGBpx to Corsair ARGB female adapter cable which you would have to custom build. It may not be worth the effort but just a thought. You could take an RGBpx to RGBpx cable, cut it in half, and put the Corsair 4-pin ARGB female connector on one of the ends. It may not be worth the hassle since a second Splitty4 is only about $10.

You should be able to connect the Utilitube LED ring to the RGBpx port on the D5 Next with the RGBpx cable that comes with the LED ring. If you want separate RGB control of the 5th fan, you can plug it into the 2nd Splitty4 then connect that to the RGBpx port on the High Flow.

Another option is to get a Farbwerk360 which has 4 x RGBpx ports. This opens up several possibilities. Also note that the Farbwerk360 RGBpx ports are a little different than the RGBpx ports on the Quadro, D5 Next, and High Flow. The Farbwerk360 port effects can have Transparency which allows effects presets to "bleed through" higher level presets, There is also a Multi-Assign function that I don't think the other devices support. One other thing to consider. The Aquacomputer device RGBpx ports don't synchronize across devices. I found this out when I installed a 2nd Farbwerk360. They run independently of each other. So I think the RGBpx port in your D5 Next and the RGBpx port in the High Flow will not be synchronized to each other. That may or may not matter to you depending on what you are trying to do.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (27. Januar 2022, 23:51)

Freitag, 28. Januar 2022, 13:06

That is one way of doing it. Since you have 5 fans, you would need 2 x Splitty4's. The Splitty4 has a loop out so you can connect the loop out of the 1st Splitty4 to the RGBpx in of the second Splitty4 (if you want all 5 fan's RGB tied together). Five fans x 8 LEDs per is 40 LEDs so you are OK there. I think you could also do it with1 Splitty4 by connecting the 5th fan's ARGB connector to the Splitty4 loop out. You would need an RGBpx to Corsair ARGB female adapter cable which you would have to custom build. It may not be worth the effort but just a thought. You could take an RGBpx to RGBpx cable, cut it in half, and put the Corsair 4-pin ARGB female connector on one of the ends. It may not be worth the hassle since a second Splitty4 is only about $10.

You should be able to connect the Utilitube LED ring to the RGBpx port on the D5 Next with the RGBpx cable that comes with the LED ring. If you want separate RGB control of the 5th fan, you can plug it into the 2nd Splitty4 then connect that to the RGBpx port on the High Flow.

Another option is to get a Farbwerk360 which has 4 x RGBpx ports. This opens up several possibilities. Also note that the Farbwerk360 RGBpx ports are a little different than the RGBpx ports on the Quadro, D5 Next, and High Flow. The Farbwerk360 port effects can have Transparency which allows effects presets to "bleed through" higher level presets, There is also a Multi-Assign function that I don't think the other devices support. One other thing to consider. The Aquacomputer device RGBpx ports don't synchronize across devices. I found this out when I installed a 2nd Farbwerk360. They run independently of each other. So I think the RGBpx port in your D5 Next and the RGBpx port in the High Flow will not be synchronized to each other. That may or may not matter to you depending on what you are trying to do.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Didn't know you could daisy chain Spliity4 into another one. If thats the case, it feels like the correct and most efficient thing of doing what i've wanted. I then can just utilise quadro + 2 splitties for fan and fan rgb controls. I'm not trying to do any complex RGB effects, most use case is just solid color or some simple color-changing stuff. I mostly just wanted to have Aquasuite control of all stuff, since i don't want to mess with additional software like iCUE. I may look into getting Farbwerk360 though.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Rainwrath« (28. Januar 2022, 13:09)

Freitag, 28. Januar 2022, 19:56

Glad you found the info helpful.

The Corsair LED hubs are passive devices that just loop the Data Out of a fan (or whatever) to the Data In of the next fan (or whatever). The Splitty 4 does the same thing. The loop out is only active if the 4th ARGB port has something plugged into it because the Loop Out is the Data Out of whatever is plugged into Corsair ARGB port #4. If, for example, you only plugged Corsair fans into ARGB ports 1 and 2. there would be nothing on the Loop Out because there is no device plugged into Corsair ARGB port #4. What is good about the Farbwerk360 (in addition to the extra features) is that it's 4 ports are synchronized with each other, whereas the RGBpx ports on the D5 Next and the HIghflow next are not synchronized to each other (AFAIK). If you are not doing any synchronized RGB effects than this may not matter.