• 07.05.2024, 15:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Meaning of "timespan" for filters of Aquasuite playground virtual sensor?

Dienstag, 22. Februar 2022, 23:00

As I could't find a manual for functions or filters of the software, does anyone tell me the meaning of "timespan"?
In "avg(t)" I guess the result is an average one of change event values in last "timespan".
But in "lp(t)", what is dumped with default "25"% in last "10" seconds?
Is it the "average" value in last "timespan"? Or the "last" value?

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 07:17

Average or low pass over this timespan.
Means, you get an average output over the last 10 seconds.
The percent value is the allowed deviation from the current filtered value.

Polling timer or event trigger?

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 09:39

Thanks for your reply.
I said "event" inadvertently.
In case of event trigger,
" 25°C (no event 500m sec) 31°C (no event 9000m sec) 28°C (no event 500m sec)" read out average 28.0°C = (25+31+28)/3
In case of 500m sec polling timer
" 25°C (interval 500m sec) 31°C (same temp. cycle through 18 times) 28°C (interval 500m sec)" read out average 30.6°C = (25+31*18+28)/20

"timespan" uses latter?
In case of 2 or 3 sec minimum timespan, Is there any inconvenience?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pine_kz« (23. Februar 2022, 09:41)

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 09:50

Try this filters out, this is self explained.

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 12:21

It's difficult to estimate the churning behavior of CPU temparature.
I know it's proprietary software.
But CPU temparature blows up instantly and cools down soon.
In order to prepare Its accumulation of heat, I thought it's better the logic of function was opened for safety, though...

Remayz

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 18:14

if you use aquasuite for watercooling, you shouldn't bother with CPU temperature at all to be honest.

for aircooling, it still takes some time to get the fin stack toasty hot, depending on what cooler you use. If you get an averaging or low pass filter with 30s timespan you should be good to go.

From what i see, with the same timespan :
Averaging will give constant, slow temperature variations with CPU load (spikes will cause your fans to spin up and down but a lot slower than with direct CPU temp control)
Low pass filter will in effect erase the short spikes of temperature and only care about baseline temperature increase. it is a lot more stable if you care about sound nuisance.

How the function mathematically works internally doesn't really matter. Just chose the function that suits better what you try to achieve :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (23. Februar 2022, 18:15)