• 28.04.2024, 04:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Flow Rate Oddities - Octo + High Flow LT

Freitag, 1. April 2022, 00:10

Hi,

I was looking at my data because I've been seeing some odd spikes on my data display (driven by AIDA64) to see if the problem was AIDA64 or in the data coming from the Octo.

While looking for the spike I also saw a huge dropout along with a spike. I looked at the data and it seems that the spike is caused by no reading coming from the Octo. The dropout I'm confused on.

Here's a picture of the issue:

I've also attached a CSV of the issue.
»sailing_nut« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Remayz

Freitag, 1. April 2022, 01:21

i have the same thing happening with a High flow 2.
drops sharp, goes back up slow, as if the flowmeter swallowed a bubble or something, or if the impeller got stuck for a second. Sometimes happens every 5 minutes, sometimes, once an hour or less.

no idea what causes it.. so i'm interested too

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (1. April 2022, 01:32)

same issue here

Dienstag, 5. April 2022, 23:44

I was wandering through the forums here and finally have found someone else experiencing the same issues as me,every now and again the flow rate seems to suddenly drop could be 5,10,20 even an hour but it does randomly drop.
Hopefully someone from aquacomputer reads this or maybe even another forum member.
Can shed some light on what is happening here.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius

Remayz

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 03:00

I don't know if there's a mandatory length of straight tubing to install before the sensor like for the MPS flow sensors.
My high flow 2 is installed in between two 90° fittings.

I tried running it flat, vertical, slanted one way and the other in case bubbles accumulated close to the impeller, but the dips still happen at random.
Never happens at, or close to full speed though.
Also, running clear EK cryofuel. no opaque coolant.

RE: same issue here

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 05:19

Hopefully someone from aquacomputer reads this or maybe even another forum member.
Can shed some light on what is happening here.
I have been hoping the same thing for a while :S

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 07:38

This can be anything.
If the rotor of the sensor wobbles, an air bubble or turbulence.

You can also simply ignore something like this as a measurement error.

Donnerstag, 7. April 2022, 22:29

This can be anything.
If the rotor of the sensor wobbles, an air bubble or turbulence.

You can also simply ignore something like this as a measurement error.
Thanks! Good to know! I just wanted to make sure this was not indicative of some sort of problem.