• 18.04.2024, 03:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

I have two questions about Aquasuit when designing a lay-out for sensor-display panel.

Mittwoch, 20. April 2022, 17:31

Hello.

Recently, I have used a water-cooling system pumped by D5 Next and control my system under Aquasuite program plus BIOS. Before proceeding further, let me introduce relevant parts of my computer :

Monitor : 32GP850 (QHD 2560X1440), 32UN650 (UHD 3840X2160), no-brand (resolution 3840X1100)
CPU : 5950x
Graphics : Galax RTX 3090 HOF Limeted Edition
RAM : G.Skill Trident NEO 3800 CL14 XMP
Watercooling : TechN waterblock, MO-RA3 420 Pro, D5 Next, etc.
Aquasuite X.53

Added : I correct the exact resolution. Many thanks for comment.

While dual moniotrs are used, I need a 3rd small monitor having 3840X1100 resolution for the purpose of only monitoring sensors. I like HWiNFO64 program as a monitoring tool but try to use another tool, Aquasuite program. Although I am not expert at XML language, with the help of googling, I managed to make a layout for sensor-display panel, based on tools and function of Aquasuite. Here is the screenshot,

layout_sensors.jpg

However, I have a few things to be setteled down.

1. How can I correct resolutions of monitors?

In Windows 10, triple monitors are recognized perfectly and located by this configuration

monitors_windows.jpg,

where monitor 2 is QHD, monitor 1 UHD, and monitor 3 a panel for sensor-displays of resolution 3840X1100. But a mystery happen in Aquasuite, which realize the triple monitors as

monitors_aquasuite.jpg

So, I set up a coordinate for the window of the sensor-display layout at (2560+2560,0), neither (2560+3840+1,0) nor (2560+2560+1,0). Maybe, the grid option will affect the +1 offset to be ignored. This is fine. More than worse, Aquasuite actually realized the vertical resolution of the 3rd monitor as 720p, not 1100p ! Aquasuite told me that the 3rd monitor has a resolution 3840X1100 but, in reality, I can use only 720p. That is quite odd. How can I resolve this problem?

2. How can I optimize my layout?

Maybe, I may include too many sensor displays in the layout, which cause my system to slow down while the GPU only consumes just 160W. For example, while sensor-monitoring on, Youtube or Neflix have instaneous stoppings occasionaly and this cannot be happend when I played AAA games consuming over 400W. With only a Youtube window, GPU consume 130~150W. That is huge. Anyway, I can endure this point. The problem is that there exist mismatches reported by Aquasuite, HWiNFO64, and HOF AI Suite. The mismatched sensors are values of GPU core usage, GPU Memory Controller, GPU Memory Used, etc. About the sensors of the graphic card, the two program, HWiNFO and HOF AI Suite report the same values, although the additional monitoring panel for HOF Limeted Edition show the breaking graphs. But the values reported by Aquasuite are different. According to Aquasuite, my GPU is almost working of 1995MHz GPU clock and 9751 MHz Memory clock, etc. For reference, I do not overclock my graphics card, which, as a default, has maximum clocks 1860 MHz and 9751 MHz of GPU and GPU Memory, respectively. How can I fix this situation?

For comparison, I attach another screenshots of HWiNFO64 and HOF Ai Suite, reporting the states of turning on and off on-sensor-display panel by Aquasuite respectively (Of course, the sensor panel shows different values for GPU relevant.)

sensor_panel_off.jpg

sensor_panel_on.jpg

Thank you very much for your kind reading and useful comments in advance.
»Namth« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namth« (21. April 2022, 04:28)

Donnerstag, 21. April 2022, 01:46

Regarding your first question, I think your first monitor is an LG 32GP850 which is 2560x1440 (QHD) (aspect ratio 1.78:1), which is what Aquasuite (AQS) shows. Your post says it is 2560x1280. I think your second monitor is an LG 32UN650 which is 3840x2160 (4K UHD) (aspect ratio 1.78:1). Your posts says it is 3840x2560. AQS shows that monitor 2 is 2560x1440 (same as monitor 1). In this case, it does appear that AQS got it wrong for some reason. I would check what resolution it is actually running at. Maybe Windows is running it at the 2560x1440. If you can't get it to do 3840x2160, make sure you have the right drivers loaded for it.. Your 3rd monitor appears to show up OK in AQS as 3840x1100.

Assuming your first monitor is 2560x1440 and your 2nd monitor is 3840x2160, then the upper left hand pixel of the 3rd monitor should be at (2560+3840, 1). I am not 100% sure if the "Y" coordinate should be 0 or 1. If you put that coordinate in for the upper left most item in your Overview page layout, it should appear on the 3rd monitor in the upper left hand corner. Then you have to calculate the coordinates for each and every item in your Overview page based on that starting offset. It should work, but I don't know why your second monitor is listed in AQS as 2560x1440. If it really is running at 2560x1440 then the upper left hand pixel of the 3rd monitor should be at (2560+2560, 1 (or 0)).

In my system, I have 2 main displays that are1920x1080, a sensor display that is 1024x600 and a 2nd sensor display that is 1920x480 (in portrait orientation). I was able to make an Overview page in AQS that populates both of the sensor displays by using the display orientations in Windows and offsetting the pixel coordinates the same way and it worked. I am not sure if they consider the first pixel to be (0,0) or (1,1) but I found that it did not really make a difference which way I assumed. Calculating and entering the starting coordinates for each item in the Overview page is tedious. I had it all set up then decided to rearrange the monitors in the Windows raster. Then I had to go back and update the coordinates for every item. I suggested to the Aquacomputer devs that they add a "Global Offset" so you could select all of the items in an Overview page, right click, and enter a global X and Y offset. This would make it very easy to move all of the items in an Overview Page by the same exact amount to a new location. You can drag and drop, but typing in a global X,Y offset is pixel precise. I really hope they have not forgotten about this and implement it in a future release of Aquasuite. I don't think it would be very hard to do.

I hope this is helpful. Double check the resolutions of your 1st and 2nd displays, make sure your 2nd display is really running at 3840x2160, and try it again. Good luck!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (21. April 2022, 01:47)

Donnerstag, 21. April 2022, 02:03

Regarding your second question, I don't know why AQS would report different values for GPU and GPU Memory clocks. I would go with what HWINFO and the HOF AI Suite report. Accurate reporting of GPU stats can be affected by the drivers. Also NVidia has been known to have reporting bugs. The author of HWINFO keeps up with the latest hardware, drivers, bugs, etc. and is constantly releasing updated versions. I would also trust a monitoring utility offered by the GPU manufacturer over what AQS reports. Finally, I think that Aquacomputer has disabled monitoring of some NVidia stats because of a known NVidia bug. They (Aquacomputer) were getting complaints about something that was not their fault or in their control, so they just disabled it until NVidia gets around to fixing it. There are posts about this on this forum. EXAMPLE

AQS has direct monitoring but I don't use it. I just run HWINFO and use Shared Memory Support to import everything into AQS.I don't see any reason to have AQS also polling the same sensors. This just increases CPU load and the chances of having a polling collision. I know that HWINFO uses the proper global mutexes to queue polling requests. Some other programs (like Corsair icue) do not synchronize their sensor polling, which results in collisions, which can result in bad data and even system crashes. I think that AQS does use the proper methods to synchronize their polling requests but I am not 100% sure that they do this in all cases. I just leave all of the AQS direct sensor polling deactivated so I don't need to worry about it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (21. April 2022, 02:05)

Donnerstag, 21. April 2022, 05:10

Thank you very much for valuable comments.

At first, your correction to the exact resolutions of QHD and UHD is right. So I corrected that information in the original writing. I appreciate it again.

Secondly, I checked resolutions of the three monitors accoding to your advice. I check the resolutions by using the site of calculating screen size and identifying again both Windows and NVIDIA setting pages. The result is that AQS report the wrong resolution.

May different connections of monitors to VGA ouput ports cause any problems? I think that it be rarely occurred at the present modern era. However, QHD and UHD are linked via DP and the small monitor via HDMI. Sometimes, the fast way to decide where a booting screen appear between monitors is to just use the leftmost DP port.

Here are a few screen shots of my whole monitors by using boxes of size 2560X1100 and 3840X1100. I hope that one can tell the difference by seeing the names of the uploaded files.

box_2560x1100_set.png

box_2560x1100.png

box_3840x1100.png

And I agree your opinion about y coordinate offset since using the Grid option of AQS.

Finally, I made up my mind to postpone using sensor display made by AQS. Instead, I will try another ways, for example, using only the pure HWiNFO program running either on the current small monitor although the text looks very small, or on an appropriate monitor which I may buy again. I love AQS graphical results but they consumes so much power in the "Desktop mode." T_T
»Namth« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • box_2560x1100_set.png
  • box_2560x1100.png
  • box_3840x1100.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namth« (21. April 2022, 05:18)

Donnerstag, 21. April 2022, 22:41

Ok well sorry you were not able to get Aquasuite to do what you wanted. I don't know why it's reporting the wrong resolution.

I consider my set up (2 sensor displays of different resolutions and different orientations both being driven by one Overview page) to be a somewhat unique case. I have not found an example of anyone else trying to do this. For me, it works but it was very tedious to set up. Once I had the dual screen Overview page set up, I used it as a template to make another version that focuses on GPU sensors. It's pretty easy to use the template to make variations, so long as I don't move the displays in the Windows raster. I am still hoping that Aquacomputer will consider adding the Global X,Y Offset command to allow multiple selected items to all be moved to a new relative location. It would sure make things easier if you set up an Overview page and then decide to move the display in the Windows raster for whatever reason.

Remayz

Freitag, 22. April 2022, 00:45

I've been thinking of installing a screen in the PC for monitoring..to me the easiest way is just to open aquasuite and drag the window itself to that other screen, and make an overview page the right size.
in windowed mode, Aquasuite barely uses any power compared to desktop view, and i can still move the mouse there to actually control stuff.
Just looks more sensible to me to do it this way. And it will look the same as desktop mode, beside the small banner on the left for the collapsed menu.

Freitag, 22. April 2022, 01:42

I've been thinking of installing a screen in the PC for monitoring..to me the easiest way is just to open aquasuite and drag the window itself to that other screen, and make an overview page the right size.
in windowed mode, Aquasuite barely uses any power compared to desktop view, and i can still move the mouse there to actually control stuff.
Just looks more sensible to me to do it this way. And it will look the same as desktop mode, beside the small banner on the left for the collapsed menu.
Are you saying to drag the actual AQS application to the sensor display screen? I would not want to do that, at least not for my 2nd sensor display which is 1920x480, and mounted in portrait orientation. When I first set it up, sometimes applications (including AQS) and file explorer windows would jump to that display. It is not physically that big and navigating the mouse on it is difficult. This problem is why I ended up moving my sensor displays in the Windows raster after I had already set them up. Originally they were on the left side. Once I moved them to the right side, I had less incidents of program or explorer windows jumping onto the sensor displays. To move them, I had to enter new coordinates for every item in the Overview page. That resulted in me thinking about how nice a Global X.Y offset command would be. I will play around with this and take a look at CPU usage in windowed mode verses desktop mode.

Remayz

Freitag, 22. April 2022, 09:49

for me, apps never pop up where i never dragged them ^^' so yea, i don't see the problem. Maybe the only thing would be having to open AQS and drag it everytime the PC turns on.

When in desktop mode, AQS will spike the 3090 every few seconds to 20 - 35% usage which is a no-go for gaming. Power usage is also ridiculous at 165W.. In windowed mode, CPU usage drops and GPU goes back to idle at 38W with very little usage.

Freitag, 22. April 2022, 16:27

1. Global Offset

During making my own sensor-display layout for a small panel, I aslo need a function to enable global offsets of various objects and wish that AQS be equipped with those functionalies.

2. Using AQS in Windows mode

Actually, I considered this method as an alternative, although there were a few unexpected things. Thanks Remayz for reminding me again to use AQS in Windows mode. At first, it is tedious for me to re-medy the existing layout to fit AQS in Windows mode on the small panel, but not difficult. The real problem, especially for me, is hidden behind. However, I'd like to check again how much AQS in the various modes impact the graphic performance of my computer. Usual usages like opening many web-browsers, watching Youtube or Neflix, etc looks fine, while AQS in Windows mode is running on my little panel. Nextly, I ran Diablo II Resurrected (D2R) and moitored sensors about graphic card by using HWiNFO, HOF AI Suite, and AQS. Qualitive observations seem to indicate that I may run games wilth AQS in Desktop mode. I did not measure FPS intentionally.

D2R.jpg

Now I ran Time Spy of 3DMark and also observed several things qualitively.

Time Spy.jpg

Up to this point, AQS running in Windows mode operates quite well, compared to HWiNFO. But there is a serious problem from the viewpoint of me. My graphic card has an additional LCD panel, which correspond to one of the discriminations to the other line-ups of Galax RTX 3090. The LCD panel shows the information from HOF AI Suite program via USB. During obsevation, the sensor panel showed insane fluctuations about GPU status. For example, my memory clock seemed to forget to go lower than 9,751 MHz.

• HOF AI Suite + HWiNFO => No problem
  • HOF AI Suite + HWiNFO + AQS => HOF panel behaves madly.
  • HWiNFO+AQS => Not perfect but I can endure.
  • HOF AI Suite + AQS => Just imagine..
The real problem is that I can not give up the HOF sensor panel. So I will use AQS when D5 Next pump is needed to setting-up and decide to buy another portable monitor to use HWiNFO usually and dual monitor for my old laptop outside. That is my story.

Thank you very much for interesting posts. Those are good to me.

ps) I am sorry for not uploading the images of monitoring result because of the file size.

ps) I failed to create tables by only characters so uploaded screen shots.
»Namth« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • D2R.jpg (100,84 kB - 97 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: Gestern, 20:52)
  • Time Spy.jpg (134,12 kB - 95 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 7. April 2024, 01:33)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namth« (22. April 2022, 16:56)

Remayz

Freitag, 22. April 2022, 18:18

you also have the option to disable all the hardware monitoring in AQS and use HWinfo as source. that could very well behave like your first test :
  • HOF AI Suite + HWiNFO => No problem

You will need to enable shared memory support in HWinfo options for it to work. That's worth a shot, see if it solves your issue
You'll also need to change the source sensor for all your widgets obviously ^^' or create a copy of your overview panel to do the test.