• 20.04.2024, 14:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Question about Hubby 7 on motherboard

Freitag, 29. April 2022, 01:12

I have a question here that i am not quite so sure about,when connecting the Hubby 7 to the mother board,i have 2 x Hubby 7 that i want to connect,the question being my motherboard has the famous 2 9pin slots for the connections.Is it possible to put both hubby 7 units in the same port on the motherboard or do i have to put them in separate 9 pin ports.e.g. if i eventually want to put 4 hubby 7's on the motherboard just for example would that be possible.
Do the hubby 7's share the same 9 pin connection on the board or do you have to put them in separate 9 pin ports.
Hopefully someone can give me a bit of advice on this one as im not 100% sure of this.Any help here would be appreciated.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius

Freitag, 29. April 2022, 02:20

I have not tried this but I don't see any reason that it would not work, assuming the mobo 9-pin USB2.0 headers are actually set up as 2 USB ports which they should be. I would try it. The worst that can happen it one of them will not work. I don't think it would damage anything.

Freitag, 29. April 2022, 03:28

Yes indeed, it is possible to place two hubby7s on a single usb 2.0 9-pin connector on the motherboard.

It is also possible to daisy-chain 2 hubby7s from a single 4/5 pin usb 2.0 motherboard connector, but then the 2nd hubby7 should have the external sata power connector on it.

thank you

Freitag, 29. April 2022, 04:21

Thank you everyone for the help here it is appreciated greatly,its good to know that it is possible to do what i wanted to do with the hubby 7's.great thanks again.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius