• 25.04.2024, 22:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Question about aquacomputer Octo

Montag, 2. Mai 2022, 22:56

Hi hopefully someone could help and possibly verify this for me,what i want to do is run 2 separate Octo controllers in the one pc,1 octo controlling my 480mm radiator fans and the other Octo controlling the 560mm fans,basically i would like to run both Octos in the same computer,question being would this work and would aquasuite pick up both controllers.
It is more of a preferred method of using the octos so i could use them both.For different things.
Also if possible what would be the best way to connect these,would it be the standard connection,or would i need to use the aquabus connection.

I am coming from the nightmare that is Corsair Icue,and boy am i not sorry to be using aquacomputer stuff,i should have built it that way in the beginning,but you do live and learn sometimes the hard way but you definitely learn.
aquasuite is miles ahead and so configurable beyond belief,the only thing that really stops you is your imagination,which you can really go wild with in aquasuite.

Anyway hopefully someone out there can help me with this and hopefully it is possible to do this.
Thank you.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius

Remayz

Dienstag, 3. Mai 2022, 00:17

Aquabus works only with Aquaero controllers. The Octo can act as an extension to Aquaero, but the Octo can't control devices through Aquabus. It's better to use USB for both

Why two controllers ? One Octo is more than capable to run all your fans even on separate loops. But either way, Aquasuite will pickup both Octos. You can even add a description to both to easily differentiate them, and they don't get mixed at random like iCUE does :p

Dienstag, 3. Mai 2022, 01:11

Few people hate Corsair and icue more than I do. Their controllers are cheap plastic junk that are not able to run autonomously. Their USB ports have constant drop out problems. Their RGB fan and AIO wiring methods are dated and overly complicated. They don't use the proper global mutex's to poll system sensors, and icue itself is a bloated, buggy mess. I gave up on Corsair Link/icue and Asus Aura and Armoury Crate a long time ago. That said, there are some things that I can do in icue that I have not been able to replicate in Aquasuite, but those things are not worth installing icue. Aquacomputer RGBpx is a great platform but I have found it difficult to figure out what some of the adjustable settings actually do, and how to use them to attain a desired custom effect. I also wish that they would add a basic Marquee effect which is available in icue and OpenRGB. I have tried to make a Marquee effect in Aquasuite but have yet to figure out how to do it.

2 Octo's - Remayz is spot on. You can absolutely connect more than one Octo at a time via USB. You would only use Aquabus if you were slaving an Octo to an Aquaero. I also agree that one Octo can control all of your rad fans, assuming you are going to run all fans on the same rad at the same speed. Individual speed control of fans on the same rad is really not necessary. Just link all the fans on each rad together with a PWM splitter and drive the splitter from an Octo port. Just make sure you do not exceed the 2 amp current capacity of a port and 8 amps total for the Octo. Also, be careful if you have QL series fans. They have 34 LEDs and the limit for an RGBpx port is 90 LEDs, so you can only connect 2 QL series fans per RGBpx port. The Splitty4 is made to connect 4 Corsair RGB fans to and RGBpx port but for QL series fans the limit is 2.

Thank You

Dienstag, 3. Mai 2022, 03:58

Thank you most kindly indeed for the information that you both have provided me with it really does answer my question perfectly,im running a total of 16 corsair ML 140 PRO RGB fans over 2 radiators + another smaller 140mm radiator with 2 fans attached,I amalso using the splitty 4 for the RGB side of they fans as well a total of 4 splitty 4's it is in the Thermaltake Tower 900 case that im using,i must say even that case isnt for the faint hearted ive already built me and my daughter 1 of each,but im totally ditching Icue,it really is a total buggy mess and every update just seems to get worse,Hence the change of going to Aquacomputer,I should have went that way in the first place as the aquasuite software is simply just amazing,you really can see what is happening with nearly every component.

Thankyou both once again for your help it is appreciated greatly.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GMdoghunter« (3. Mai 2022, 04:00)

Mr Gerard M Stadalius

Remayz

Dienstag, 3. Mai 2022, 09:51

you can use splitty 9 Active for the fans PWM if using splitter cables overload the Octo. they can drive 9 fans each and use sata power. https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3830

one for each big rad would do great, then you can use a normal splitter cable for the small rad. in the end you'd have lots of spare outputs on the controller

Dienstag, 3. Mai 2022, 17:43

The Corsair ML Fans only have 4 LEDs each. 16 Fans with 4 LEDs each is 64 LEDs total.
You can daisychain the Splitty4s, and connect all Fans to a single RGBpx Port on the OCTO.

And you can use Y-Cables for your Fans, and connect 2 (or more) Fans together on a single Fan output on the OCTO.

One OCTO is enough for your configuration.

Thank you everyone for your help

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2022, 01:51

Thank you everyone for your help with this question,i am now confident in what i can achieve with the Octo fan controllers and my splitty's as well,your help has been appreciated.Thank you
Mr Gerard M Stadalius