• 19.04.2024, 20:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Why is my Leakshield showing state as "Unprotected?"

Montag, 9. Mai 2022, 14:55

I have a newly installed Leakshield. It was working fine when I installed it yesterday, but this morning it is showing a state of "unprotected." It seems to be pulling and holding good vacuum. What should I be looking at to resolve this?

The loop is a simple one with a single D5 Next pump on an Ultitube 150 (Leakshield is mounted on top of the Ultitube), a Highflow Next, a couple of rads, and a trio of [Aquacomputer] blocks.

Montag, 9. Mai 2022, 15:01

Naturally, this has resolved itself just a few minutes after I post :-)

Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2022, 20:15

Showing unprotected again. Is this normal? What should I be looking at if not?

Freitag, 13. Mai 2022, 10:17

If the parameters in your system are changing (pump speed, flow rate etc.) the needed vacuum can increase. Until LEAKSHIELD adapts the pressure it shows "unprotected".
By the way: It looks like your LEAKSHIELD pumpe each hour. So your system doesn't look to be really tight. But this can be easily checked at the daily pump runtime chart.

Freitag, 13. Mai 2022, 16:47

Ah, ok. I do have the pump set to vary the speed based on temp (just a coolant temp setpoint on the D5). It's a somewhat restrictive loop, so I see a difference in coolant temp during periods of high load if the pump isn't spinning fast enough.

I can raise the minimum pump speed so that there is less variation. The loop is pretty well purged (I think), but I will also try doing a vacuum fill once I get some additional DP Ultra delivered just in case there's still some air stuck in the rads.

It's definitely possible that the loop isn't super tight. It has a pair of Alphacool QDCs which may be leaking, as well as a few hard tube fittings which I might not have gotten completely tight. What is a normal amount of LEAKSHIELD pump activation?

Montag, 16. Mai 2022, 09:41

In our systems it pumps one time in ~3 days. But 2-3 times per day is still fine.

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2022, 23:20

I think I found the source. There is one small section of soft tube which collapses under vacuum. I will replace this with something stiffer.

Dienstag, 31. Mai 2022, 14:33

Is the 13/10 EPDM tubing stiff enough for use with LEAKSHIELD? Or should I be looking at the 16/10 instead?

Dienstag, 31. Mai 2022, 16:19

You need 16/10 tubing to prevent any issues.

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2022, 08:42

How long does the setpoint tuning take, for mine it lost the link between the flow meter and the pump when moving, so I assume it just took the the start up settings.

My pressure drop is 0.8 mbar/day so far so this seems to be indicative of no leaks. I have the setting for the pump at a fixed speed so the pump pressure is average 254 mbar (with max of 256 mbar), the flow rate is average 241±7 l/h. I have 16/10 EPDM.

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2022, 09:35

You need 16/10 tubing to prevent any issues.

Is that also for hardline tubing as well? I currently have 12/10mm hardline and still get the unprotected in Shield mode. If I need 16/10 also in hardline, I have no idea where to get some in black

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2022, 09:51

Is that also for hardline tubing as well? I currently have 12/10mm hardline and still get the unprotected in Shield mode. If I need 16/10 also in hardline, I have no idea where to get some in black
No, only softtubes collapse if they are not stable enough, hardtubes are not a problem, no matter which one.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2022, 12:11

thanks for that- I will double check my loop again as mine keeps stating unprotected

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2022, 23:16

I released the pressure this morning and let it go again, it was protected but now its back it just sort of floats around the minimum but not the set point.

the set point is 280 mbar and seems stable but it will float around 237 mbar, 248 mbar unprotected

Any ideas?

e.g.

06 02 2022 22:32 Event: Pumping finished. Mode: SHIELD State: Establish negative pressurePressure: 328 mbar
06 02 2022 22:32 Event: Pressure too low. Mode: SHIELD State: Unprotected Pressure: 76 mbar
06 02 2022 22:32 Event: Pressure setpoint changed. Mode: SHIELD State: Initialize Pressure: 76 mbar
06 02 2022 22:32 Event: Mode change to SHIELD. Mode: SHIELD State: Finished Pressure: 76 mbar
06 02 2022 22:32 Event: Fill level measuring finished. Mode: LEVEL SENSOR State: Stabilize Pressure: 76 mbar
06 02 2022 22:31 Event: Calibrate pressure sensor. Mode: LEVEL SENSOR State: Release negative pressurePressure: 0 mbar
06 02 2022 22:31 Event: Measure fill level. Mode: LEVEL SENSOR State: Initialize Pressure: 3 mbar
06 02 2022 22:31 Event: Mode change to LEVEL SENSOR. Mode: LEVEL SENSOR State: Release negative pressurePressure: 3 mbar
06 02 2022 22:31 Event: Equalize pressure. Mode: RELEASE State: Release negative pressurePressure: 248 mbar
06 02 2022 22:31 Event: Mode change to RELEASE. Mode: RELEASE State: Unprotected Pressure: 248 mbar
06 02 2022 07:18 Event: Pumping finished. Mode: SHIELD State: Establish negative pressurePressure: 328 mbar
06 02 2022 07:18 Event: Pressure too low. Mode: SHIELD State: Unprotected Pressure: 71 mbar
06 02 2022 07:18 Event: Pressure setpoint changed. Mode: SHIELD State: Initialize Pressure: 71 mbar
06 02 2022 07:18 Event: Mode change to SHIELD. Mode: SHIELD State: Finished Pressure: 71 mbar
06 02 2022 07:18 Event: Fill level measuring finished. Mode: LEVEL SENSOR State: Stabilize Pressure: 71 mbar
06 02 2022 07:18 Event: Calibrate pressure sensor. Mode: LEVEL SENSOR State: Release negative pressurePressure: 0 mbar
06 02 2022 07:17 Event: Measure fill level. Mode: LEVEL SENSOR State: Initialize Pressure: 1 mbar

06 02 2022 07:17 Event: Mode change to LEVEL SENSOR. Mode: LEVEL SENSOR State: Release negative pressurePressure: 1 mbar
06 02 2022 07:17 Event: Equalize pressure. Mode: RELEASE State: Release negative pressurePressure: 237 mbar
06 02 2022 07:17 Event: Mode change to RELEASE. Mode: RELEASE State: Unprotected Pressure: 237 mbar
06 02 2022 07:17 Event: Pressure setpoint changed. Mode: SHIELD State: Unprotected Pressure: 237 mbar
06 02 2022 07:17 Event: Pressure setpoint changed. Mode: SHIELD State: Unprotected Pressure: 237 mbar

Freitag, 3. Juni 2022, 07:46

I recently discovered that my system was also showing "unprotected" even though it was not pumping. My system was running with the "use adaptive pressure preset" option and the vacuum in the system was extremely close to the pressure of the pump.
Normally, I never got close to this value because the LEAKSHIELD always pumped to the maximum value when using Linux or staying in the BIOS for long periods of time.
I have now disabled the adaptive setting and adjusted the values manually, now my LEAKSHIELD pumps at 320 mbar and I no longer come close to the 289 mbar, which was probably too low.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Freitag, 3. Juni 2022, 07:54

I try the same, I manually set the minimum to what adaptive seemed to discover and now switched it off, with a minimum setpoint 50 mbar less than the setpoint and the max 40 mbar greater as seems to be the default.

I did notice that the required minimum kept setting its self from 230 mbar to 229 mbar and so on, so maybe this slight instability is enough to never settle in to regular pattern

Sonntag, 5. Juni 2022, 12:33

I did see watching carefully that the unprotected was triggered when the pressure is the pump pressure is greater than the pressure, so if you manually set the min just above the pump then you don't see it anymore.

I think the floating around the minimum is something else.

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2022, 02:31

I upgraded the tubing in this machine to the 16/10 EPDM tubing from Aquacomputer and just got my first leak alarm. As far as I know, there are no actual leaks in the system and the alarm is simply due to the highly dynamic loading of the loop. At idle, no fans need to run and the pump slows down considerably. When a render comes in, the coolant temp quickly rises from 35C to 40C while the pump and fans respond to the increase in loading. The setpoint for everything is 38C (min fan speeds keep it below the setpoint at idle), but it overshoots by 2C even though the pump and fans are already set to "Fastest + 2." When the render is done, the coolant temp falls even more quickly than it rose. If the render job is a sequence of frames, then this full cycle could repeat as quickly as 60 times in 2 hours.

Am I correct that this cycling could be what's triggering the alarm? If so, what can I do to avoid the false alarms?

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2022, 04:08

I upgraded the tubing in this machine to the 16/10 EPDM tubing from Aquacomputer and just got my first leak alarm. As far as I know, there are no actual leaks in the system and the alarm is simply due to the highly dynamic loading of the loop. At idle, no fans need to run and the pump slows down considerably. When a render comes in, the coolant temp quickly rises from 35C to 40C while the pump and fans respond to the increase in loading. The setpoint for everything is 38C (min fan speeds keep it below the setpoint at idle), but it overshoots by 2C even though the pump and fans are already set to "Fastest + 2." When the render is done, the coolant temp falls even more quickly than it rose. If the render job is a sequence of frames, then this full cycle could repeat as quickly as 60 times in 2 hours.

Am I correct that this cycling could be what's triggering the alarm? If so, what can I do to avoid the false alarms?

Varying the pump speed will have an effect on the loop pressure, but very little effect on system cooling. Perhaps to leave the pump at one setting might help?

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2022, 06:10

It is a fairly restrictive loop, so with the D5 NEXT at its max of ~4800rpm, it flows only ~130 L/h. When I slow the flow rate down to 110 L/h, the coolant temp rises almost 2C while the system is under load. That's why I have the pump speed set to vary: it needs to be at max in order to keep the coolant temp down below 40C, and I figure that it's probably best if the pump isn't always running at max.

Am I just being too conservative with the coolant temp? Should I be allowing it to run higher? All of the blocks are Aquacomputer, flow meter is a HighFlow NEXT, the pump is a D5 NEXT, the res is an Ultitube, tubing is Aquacomputer 16/10 EPDM, all fittings except the barbs are brass ones from Alphacool, barbs are brass ones from Bitspower, the rads are copper from Alphacool, and the coolant is pure clear Aquacomputer DP Ultra.

GPU & CPU temps under full load are good, so those would be fine if the coolant got a bit warmer. I sort of arbitrarily chose 38C as the operating temp and 40C as the upper threshold. If the loop can safely handle 24/7 use at a higher temp, then I'll happily slow the pump down and leave it at a fixed speed.

Here is the daily pump runtime. I got a leak alarm on the 27th but not on the other days.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cptninc« (28. Juli 2022, 18:29)