• 24.04.2024, 03:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Expected turn around from support

Montag, 9. Mai 2022, 20:30

Quick question - does anybody have an idea of expected turn around times for AC's support email queue? :?: Appreciate that this is only a community forum, rather than official, but after a couple of days waiting I still haven't received a reply.

Basis of the question was to request an RMA for my OCTO which has become faulty after running fine for the past year in both throwing Windows 10 USB disconnected errors as well as not being recognised by Aquasuite (only provides a disconnected, currently no update service error message). Have undertaken all the usual steps to fault finding: changing USB headers (thankfully I have two on this board), swapping entire PSU Molex rail connections + cables etc with the device still showing as unavailable and a red status light on the Status LED for around 3-4 seconds before going off.

I'm happy to purchase a new device but as this one was only purchased in 2021, it's still under the 2 year warranty :(

Cheers in advance :thumbup:

Montag, 9. Mai 2022, 21:22

IIRC, Aquacomputer posted that it can take up to 2 weeks to get a response to a support request email. If I find the post I will add a link to it.

Montag, 9. Mai 2022, 22:12

IIRC, Aquacomputer posted that it can take up to 2 weeks to get a response to a support request email. If I find the post I will add a link to it.
That would be great if you could, thank you! I just found it strange as there's not even an autoreply to say that the message has been successfully received - something that could possibly help them in the future.

Montag, 9. Mai 2022, 22:39

If you sent your communication over the weekend, today (Monday) would be the first it would be seen.
I have never not received a reply to their support address.

Currently, the 2 week notice is NOT up on their support page.

Dienstag, 10. Mai 2022, 00:12

Currently, the 2 week notice is NOT up on their support page.
This is encouraging. Maybe that is where I saw their statement instead of in a post. Hopefully OP will hear from them within a few days. I have not had to use AC's support system (knock on wood) but from what I have read they are quite helpful once the communication starts.

Dienstag, 10. Mai 2022, 10:00

Thanks @Speedy-VI & @InfoSeeker - really appreciate your help on this. Was sent late last week but they'll reply eventually - as you say, they're great after the initial reply.

I've ordered a new OCTO anyway and if the old one needs to be sent back, at least I have a working system whilst it's RMA'd :thumbup:

Dienstag, 10. Mai 2022, 16:10

Glad to hear that you ordered another Octo. I did the same thing a few weeks ago because they were actually in stock in the US, I know that I will use one in my next build, and until then I have a spare on hand. Also, the prices have increased significantly since I purchased my first Octo and I suspect that trend will continue.

I do wonder what happened that would cause your Octo to suddenly have USB communication problems. Did you recently update the OS and/or chipset drivers? Did you add a new USB device, update firmware, add or modify any wiring? Any power outages or surges? Something changed that is causing your problems. I don't see how or why an Octo would suddenly develop this type of problem. Another forum member posted HERE that after a full power cycle his Octo has stopped responding and seems to be "stuck" on all outputs running at 100%. His Octo is showing up in AQS OK but will not accept or retain any settings. Both incidents are very unusual. I hope that AC support can get your issue taken care of quickly.