• 16.04.2024, 22:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Proper way to install LEAKSHIELD PCIe slot bracket with fill port?

Montag, 6. Juni 2022, 21:05

Hello there, everyone. I have the PCIe slot bracket with fill port for LEAKSHIELD, and can't quite figure out how to integrate the slot bracket to my hardline loop properly.

I tried the naive approach of a horizontal tubing run to a T-block, merging with the GPU block outlet. This led to air getting trapped in the run to the slot bracket after filling the loop--which is rather unsightly, and causes bubbles to occasionally get sucked into the loop. Since there isn't any flow there, no amount of case tilting or LEAKSHIELD deaeration cycles can get it out.

I'm used to the idea of a fill port at the top where air can escape, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious here. Is there a right way to install the bracket that avoids the trapped air issue?

Montag, 27. Juni 2022, 03:59

Old post, but thought I'd add how I have mine setup.

I am using soft tubing. Flow is pump>RAM>CPU>GPU>bulkheads to external rads>rad1>rad2. I have the PCI slot filling accessory being feed from the opposite port on my GPU IN, so it should essentially bypass the GPU when filling. I also added an EKWB drain valve, as I was experiencing some dripping from the fill port when not in "protection" mode. Adding the valve also came in handing for draining some fluid when it overfilled the res, just kept the hose attached while I was filling my system and with the pump running an Leakshield in "released" it will drain at a slow enough rate to drain carefully.

Stark

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 17:50

I also bought it, and thinking about how to set it up correctly, I came to the conclusion that it is best to remove the fillport itself from the bracket and hook it through the T-shaped adapter at the lowest point of the system.
So the liquid flows out normally in Leakshield refill mode.

In general, there is no point in installing it not in the bottom slot of the motherboard.

Yes, and there, to be honest, there is not much if you have a power supply unit at the bottom of the case, God forbid, flood it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stark« (24. Juli 2022, 17:51)