• 16.04.2024, 18:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield: How to find a leak that isn't leaking liquid?

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2022, 23:48

Today I seem to have developed a leak but I see no liquid coming out when pressure is released, it can easily pull 350 mbar in the test but the air leaks in quickly like 20 mbar/min. up till now it was doing about 4 secs per day.

but I see no evidence of liquid, looking in the res I see that I lost maybe. 3 ml in 10 days.

Other than breaking down the whole system and rebuilding, which could make more leaks, I'm a little at a loss what to do?

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2022, 08:20

Seem like it could be an air leak, it back to 0.03 mbar/min after tightening the leakshield, not sure how it got loose to start with.

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2022, 19:09

Check the gaskets for the res and Leak Shield. There have been several posts here about leaks that turned out to be either an improperly seated gasket or a missing gasket. IIRC, missing a gasket causes pressure to drop immediately. If you have rotary fittings in the loop, I would check those too.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (11. Juni 2022, 18:39)

Samstag, 11. Juni 2022, 11:26

Rotary fittings are number one suspect as my hardline loop displays the same thng and I have had to put in a few rotary and adaptors as still waiting on some tubing to come in stock

Samstag, 11. Juni 2022, 11:55

Seems like it the res gasket, I tightened it so much. It will leak 0.03 mbar/min when its working, then its a few sec per day of pumping. I'll try swapping it for another one.

Remayz

Samstag, 11. Juni 2022, 12:09

you don't want to go in dry :p

always wet the gasket before tightening the res. Actualy; the same goes for fittings. Often you think it's tight but it's just the dry o-ring adhering and stopping you from tightening further.

Montag, 13. Juni 2022, 17:52

It off again, I tightened it so much, I'm not sure how to get it off this time.

Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2022, 21:14

I got a strap wrench so I could get it off I lubed it and put it back, still can not get to low leak rate, seems like something is broken. New seal should be here soon.

Freitag, 24. Juni 2022, 00:08

When you're talking about a gasket; which gasket are you talking about? As well, what would a normal "leak" rate with the leakshield be? I did a leak test with just the Ultitube D5 Next + Leakshield (ports plugged), and was still seeing around a 0.2mbar/min leak when I first built my new system over the weekend.

Freitag, 24. Juni 2022, 07:31

The large one at the top between the leakshield and the res. In the past I could get 0.03 mbar/min, the people at Aquacomputer said there's pumps every 2-3 day.

I think testing with air it would be higher as the expected conditions are with only 100 ml of air with the rest DP ultra, so it sounds like you will be fine.

My air tests were not more than 1 mbar in 15min as I was building the loop.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ytterbium« (25. Juni 2022, 13:02)