• 16.04.2024, 06:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Does a 50mm Ultitube exist?

Sonntag, 19. Juni 2022, 08:59

I’ve been looking and can’t find one, so I guess the answer is no. But thought I’d ask anyway.
I’m putting together my first custom loop, and have discovered that between the D5 Next 150 and my long 3080 Ti, the two conflict with each other, and I’ve had to put the GPU in the wrong slot and remove a fan to make things work. I’m thinking about converting to the 100mm tube to help a little, but I’d need a 50mm tube to fully get things where I want them.

RE: Does a 50mm Ultitube exist?

Samstag, 25. Juni 2022, 16:07

I’ve been looking and can’t find one, so I guess the answer is no. But thought I’d ask anyway.
I’m putting together my first custom loop, and have discovered that between the D5 Next 150 and my long 3080 Ti, the two conflict with each other, and I’ve had to put the GPU in the wrong slot and remove a fan to make things work. I’m thinking about converting to the 100mm tube to help a little, but I’d need a 50mm tube to fully get things where I want them.

It may be your case that needs to be replaced.
You can choose 150 or even 200 ULTITUBE for a larger case. :)

Remayz

Samstag, 25. Juni 2022, 16:57

some pumps can be installed horizontally, but with the D5 Next, that would put the display sideways.. I don't know if AC designed their pump assembly to be used that way. I personally made a build for my brother where he has a 300mm tube reservoir below the GPU, works like a charm.
Otherwise yea, if your case is too small to fit a 150mm res, you're better off swapping case, or looking for a small pump like EK FLT120 DDC, corsair XD3 if you like to test their RMA department, or stuff of the same size.
What case is it btw?

Samstag, 25. Juni 2022, 17:33

If you get an FE 3080 Ti then it has a shorter PCB, with water block it can be very short, more expensive solution if you need more space.

Samstag, 25. Juni 2022, 18:10

corsair XD3 if you like to test their RMA department
:thumbsup:

RE: Does a 50mm Ultitube exist?

Samstag, 25. Juni 2022, 19:56

If you have space and really want the D5 NEXT + Ultitube, you could try running the D5 with an Ultitop and then mount a 100mm Ultitube any place where it will fit and swap the pump head on it for a multiport lid. I have the CPU loop in one machine set up like this so that I can have the res mounted horizontally while the D5 NEXT is vertical.

If you're ok running a DDC instead of a D5, then you could mount this Ultitop to it and use the same reservoir.

Samstag, 25. Juni 2022, 22:21

What case is it btw?

Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo in a reversed/inverted layout. GPU is an EVGA 3080 Ti with an EKWB vector2 on it. Even without the waterblock, the PCB is a smidge too long.

I’m thinking now that what I really need is a custom interface plate to sit between the fan mount and the D5 Next that will allow me to offset the res closer to the front of the case by a few cm to give it the room it needs. Need to figure out what the spacing of the screw holes are though.

Didn’t know the Ultitop was an option though. What I got was actually the UltiTube 150 D5 Pro w/ leakshield combo. I’m wondering if it might work to use the Ultitop on the D5 Next, and then have the 100mm res mounted separately beside it with a second fan mount and the leakshield on top. You see any issues with this setup? At least then I’d be using most of what I bought already :D

Sonntag, 26. Juni 2022, 03:22

Never tried this, but it may work.

glass cutter

Sonntag, 26. Juni 2022, 06:21

Depending on how much space you need, you might be able to take a mount like this one and simply rotate it 90deg. It won't get you a ton of space (maybe 20mm?), but sometimes that's enough. There is also a version for 140mm fans which might get you an additional 10mm of shift (if you're using 140mm fans).

RE: RE: Does a 50mm Ultitube exist?

Dienstag, 5. Juli 2022, 23:34

If you have space and really want the D5 NEXT + Ultitube, you could try running the D5 with an Ultitop and then mount a 100mm Ultitube any place where it will fit and swap the pump head on it for a multiport lid. I have the CPU loop in one machine set up like this so that I can have the res mounted horizontally while the D5 NEXT is vertical.

Been looking at what you suggested and I think it'll partially work for me. What I'm thinking is having the Ultitube 100 Res vertically mounted where it is now with the LEAKSHIELD on it (adding the 3rd bottom fan back), and then the D5 Next with the Ultitop mounted beside it on the next fan. However, I'd ideally like to have the D5 & top mounted vertically/upright and I can't seem to find any brackets/adapters that would allow for that. You have any suggestions for me?

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 02:31

If you're comfortable running the pump sideways, you could mount the pump + res sideways and then do a remote mount LEAKSHIELD. I've run pumps like that 24/7 for years with no issues, but some people swear that it will kill your pump in days.

If there is enough depth, you could hang the pump or res off of the back fans and mount the other one on the bottom fans. Or keep both vertical and mount them side by side on the bottom fans (assuming there is an endmount option for the res - I'm not sure if there is).

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 10:51

We will release a 50mm ULTITUBE series next month.

Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2022, 04:49

That's great, and would make things much simpler for me. Will it be available as a replacement reservoir tube, similar to the 100 model that I could replace my existing 150 Pro tube with?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Caldorian« (7. Juli 2022, 04:57)

Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2022, 10:15

Yes.

Donnerstag, 18. August 2022, 18:45

Hi Stephan, is there any additional information on when the 50mm ultitubes will launch/be available to order?

Freitag, 19. August 2022, 16:52

We currently take the pictures of the products. Shouldn't take too long.

Montag, 12. September 2022, 22:50

We currently take the pictures of the products. Shouldn't take too long.

Hi Stephan, Noticed the new 50mm ultitubes available on the web site today. Great to see.
Just wanted to send a quick heads up that title for the 50mm replacement tube says 100.