• 19.04.2024, 03:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Octo lost names for PWM Ports, Temp Sensors, and Soft Sensors

Freitag, 24. Juni 2022, 01:07

I booted up today and discovered that all of the names I had given to the PWM ports, Temp Sensors, and Soft Sensors on my Octo were reset to factory defaults. Last night before I shut the computer down Aquasuite displayed the names I had typed in long ago. The fan port settings (Mode, Curves, Fallback Power etc.) were all retained. Just the names were lost. I also have 2 Farbwerk360's which are fine.

What would cause my Octo to suddenly lose the names I typed in for PWM ports, Temp Sensors, and Soft Sensors but nothing else?

Freitag, 24. Juni 2022, 17:20

Reboot and check again.

Freitag, 24. Juni 2022, 19:18

I tried rebooting. The Octo still came up with default names for PWM ports, Temp sensor inputs, and all Soft Sensors. The Soft Sensors were still "connected" to the data sources I had selected and were still reporting the data, but all the names were back to defaults. I fixed those by selecting the data sources again. Some of the data sources are from HWINFO but others are from Farbwerk360's.In all cases the names came in from the selected data source (I did not change them in the Octo Sensors screen). Even these reverted to "Soft Sensor x".

I ended up manually typing in the names I want again for the Octo PWM ports and Temp sensors. I got the Soft Sensor names back by reselecting the data sources which pulled the names in from those sources. So the issue is resolved but I still do not understand why this happened. I am not sure if AQS reads the Octo names from the .XML config file for the device or if the names are stored in the Octo. The Soft Sensor names should come from the connected data source. What could cause only the names to be lost, both for Octo PWM ports and Temp sensor inputs, and all of the Soft Sensors which were still connected to the previously selected data sources and still reporting the data values?

Samstag, 25. Juni 2022, 19:00

I tried rebooting. The Octo still came up with default names for PWM ports, Temp sensor inputs, and all Soft Sensors. The Soft Sensors were still "connected" to the data sources I had selected and were still reporting the data, but all the names were back to defaults. I fixed those by selecting the data sources again. Some of the data sources are from HWINFO but others are from Farbwerk360's.In all cases the names came in from the selected data source (I did not change them in the Octo Sensors screen). Even these reverted to "Soft Sensor x

aquasuite service not started?
If so restart it.
You can save your settings in the system bar on any device,
and use the old settings to restore to normal if you encounter a similar situation. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jacob« (25. Juni 2022, 19:01)