• 16.04.2024, 12:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

D5 Next : Fans controling capabilities

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2022, 14:43

Hi,
I would like to have the following :
- fan speed customizable setup depending on water temp (all fans at same speed)
- pump speed to match a target water flow (note that I am talking of a quantity of water per unit of time, not a pump RPM)
Can the D5 Next do all this or do I need an additional controler and/or an additional flow sensor ?

And same question as I asked for Octo : once setup is done in aquasuite, will it work standalone (for example if I run Linux) or will it require aquasuite to run permanently ?
Thanks a lot for your answers.

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2022, 15:18

The D5 NEXT can do all this and it also runs autonomously without the Aquasuite, like the QUADRO.

As long as the values are not supplied via USB, you only need the Aquasuite once for setup.
But keep in mind that the internal flow meter calculates the flow and does not measure it, you will not get an exact value with it, an external flow sensor cannot be connected at the same time as fans, because both occupy the same port on the D5 NEXT.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2022, 15:25

Ok thanks, so I'd better go with an additionnal flow sensor and a separate controler.
For the controler, is the quadro/octo compatible thru the aquabus or do I need to go with an aquaero 6 ?

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2022, 15:34

The Aquabus is only used to expand an Aquaero with additional connections, e.g. a QUADRO or a D5 NEXT, these devices connected via Aquabus are then controlled directly via the Aquaero.
Without an Aquaero the Aquabus is not usable.

From my point of view, you can skip the control of the pump completely, it does not bring you much, except varying background noise.

It is better to set a fixed speed that gives you the desired flow and the best soundscape for you.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2022, 15:52

Thanks a lot for your answer, very clear.

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2022, 15:53

You're welcome