• 16.04.2024, 10:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

xinu

Quick Question regarding exposing virtual sensors

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 18:43

Hello guys ! :)
I have a virtual sensor setup, and I was wondering if it is possible to make that sensor available to hwinfo ?
because what i see available to hwinfo from aquaservice are the standard sensor values (coming from high flow NEXT), i don't see any virtual sensos in there.
Thanks ! :thumbup:

Remayz

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 18:56

yes. just add your virtual sensors as software sensors in your device, and they will appear in HWinfo.

xinu

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 19:05

hello ! thanks for the reply
" add your virtual sensors as software sensors in your device" for that i attached an image showing that, if i understand correctly i have set it up ok ?

https://imgur.com/a/HYXCtJN

if not can you please tell me how to do that ? or direct me to the solution, cheers! 8) :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »xinu« (6. Juli 2022, 19:06)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 19:58

yes that's exactly it. it should appear in the HFnext section of HWinfo.
I do that to have my virtual sensors on the Octo, in HWinfo

it may need a reboot, or restarting HWinfo to rescan all sensors

xinu

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 20:59

aa i see, well its bugged or something in my case.. i did restarts etc no go the sensor simple wont show up, pretty much anything else other than the default values wont show up..
https://imgur.com/a/34BzcEf

if you have any ideas as to why this might be happening, please feel free to share :)

anyways thanks a lot m8ty ! cheers ! :thumbup:

EDIT :
really dunno why aquasuite doesn't whant to expose the virtual sensor..
but I solved the problem(of wanting an avg of multiple temp sensors available to me -a virtual sensor- ) going the other way i.e. Custom user sensors in HWiNFO | HWiNFO Forum
https://imgur.com/a/rJpmjx4
hope this helps any1 else ! :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »xinu« (6. Juli 2022, 21:52)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 22:24

For me it worked straight away (radiator dissipated power)
https://gyazo.com/a17f78cfafcc35dc850a63125914b2e2

Maybe we're not on the same version of HWinfo?

xinu

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 22:39

i see cool, yes.. nope we have the same verion https://imgur.com/a/Z9EIu9a :P

either the high flow next can't do it or there is something wrong with my installation ? with the device its self ? who knows

EDIT:
as it turns out Display virtual sensors / soft sensors in HWinfo - Monitoring and control - Aqua Computer Forum
quote from @Sebastian "HWinfo displays only the physically present sensors. That makes sense.
Hwinfo cannot display the virtual sensors from the aquasuite because we do not provide them as an export."

mystery solved :P :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »xinu« (6. Juli 2022, 23:27)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 23:40

Well, software sensors are sudo hardware ones from what i see :p
Virtual sensors are another thing and indeed they are not communicated to HWinfo. But software sensors should be. In my screencap you can even see two soft temperatures that i use for fan control and don't even need in HWinfo.

So yeaaa.. to me the mystery remains :p

xinu

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2022, 23:52

ehehe :P hmm really dunno how those two are differentiated virtual vs software. all i know is that i did the exact same steps as in that thread and indeed i don't see the sensor being exported... latest verion of aquasuite (no preview builds insider etc) on the other hand you with an octo can do it the exact same way that for us fail ?( hehe no idea what is up really :) im just glad i found another way

Edit : those soft temperatures have logic inside them ? i.e(additions, etc) if thats the case then dunno what is up it contradicts what sebastian said or most prob we misunderstand something

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »xinu« (7. Juli 2022, 00:05)

Remayz

Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2022, 00:04

virtual sensors are in the Playground only. When you create a virtual sensor there with your little calculations and stuff, that IS a virtual sensor.
It's useless.. your devices can't see or use them unless you go to your device sensor settings, and add a software sensor to replicate that virtual one.

My interpretation is Virtual sensors are only in Aquasuite.
When you add a software sensor to the Next pump for example, Aquasuite actively broadcasts the virtual sensor to the pump via USB, so that the onboard controller can use it.
This is what HWinfo can pick up, since HWinfo doesn't poll data from aquasuite (virtual sensors), but from the USB devices themselves (hardware and software sensors).

xinu

Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2022, 00:06

aa got it thats the case then i created a sensor from the playground indeed thats way its not exported
EDIT:
im my case thats the only option i have playground virtual sensor cause i own only the high flow next i guess. cant setup soft sensor with calculations
but its ok went the other way so i have the usless vs inside aquasute with gauge charts etc cosmetics, plus i have and avg inside hwinfo :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »xinu« (7. Juli 2022, 00:14)

Samstag, 9. Juli 2022, 22:33

aa got it thats the case then i created a sensor from the playground indeed thats way its not exported
EDIT:
im my case thats the only option i have playground virtual sensor cause i own only the high flow next i guess. cant setup soft sensor with calculations
but its ok went the other way so i have the usless vs inside aquasute with gauge charts etc cosmetics, plus i have and avg inside hwinfo :)

Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a53ApAIMZhQ

xinu

Samstag, 9. Juli 2022, 23:53

EDIT:

Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a53ApAIMZhQ
Yeap thats what i thought the solution would be. just as i thought. unfortunately i do not own an octo. i own the high flow next and as it seems that is incapable of exposing sensor like the octo. i might grab it if i decide to go all in with aqua ecosystem :)

cool video though, to the point ! thanks ! :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »xinu« (9. Juli 2022, 23:54)