• 01.06.2024, 23:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

The RGB on one of my kryographics blocks sometimes blinks random colors & intensities

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2022, 02:12

It is the second GPU block on the chain of HighFlow NEXT -> kryographics #1 -> kryographics #2.

What should I be looking at in terms of troubleshooting this?

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2022, 03:06

Sounds like the data stream to the LEDs is getting flakey. This could be due to a bad / loose connection, noise getting in the line, or excessive cable length. I suspect these are pretty close together so it's probably not a cable length issue. I suggest inspecting / wriggling the RGBpx cable and connections between kryographics #1 and #2. If it looks good, try going HighFlow NEXT -> kryographics #2 -> kryographics #1 and see if the problem moves with the block or stays at the end of the line.

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2022, 03:55

I'll give the wiggling & reseating a shot. The ones on the GPU blocks are quite difficult to access and require removing the GPUs.

On the 40-series blocks, PLEASE AQUACOMPUTER I BEG YOU, please put the RGB ports on any face other than the current one!

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2022, 23:13

Oh that is unfortunate. I don't have a kryographics block so don't know where the RGBpx cable actually plugs in. It's not accessible unless you disconnect the card from the loop and pull it out of the PCIE slot? If yes, I agree that Aquacomputer should consider moving the RGBpx connector to a better location.