• 19.04.2024, 01:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 16:32

To test it in the Sensor input step set a test value higher than yuor threshold with a duration of say 30 seconds

Right click on Sensor Input and select output "Test Data"

I do`nt know even know which is the sensor input, or what to change to 30 seconds. I think I should delete this one too, because I don`t know what I am doing here. I did it thinking I could copy your Playground settings.
Aquasuite is a very good program for water cooled PC`s, but in my opinion, it is not user friendly for beginners. I`m not saying that beginners can`t learn to understand this software,as I guess I will eventually begin to understand it better. Everyone was a beginner from the start too. But, there needs to be some kind of guidance, or user manual, or something that explains how things work and what they do.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (10. August 2022, 16:41)

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 21:43

To test it in the Sensor input step set a test value higher than yuor threshold with a duration of say 30 seconds

Right click on Sensor Input and select output "Test Data"

I do`nt know even know which is the sensor input, or what to change to 30 seconds. I think I should delete this one too, because I don`t know what I am doing here. I did it thinking I could copy your Playground settings.
Aquasuite is a very good program for water cooled PC`s, but in my opinion, it is not user friendly for beginners. I`m not saying that beginners can`t learn to understand this software,as I guess I will eventually begin to understand it better. Everyone was a beginner from the start too. But, there needs to be some kind of guidance, or user manual, or something that explains how things work and what they do.

I agree, it is frustrating as Aquasuite is a very very powerful piece of software but as far as I can tell any official documentation is lacking (someone please correct me if I'm wrong and point me to it). I'm only scratching the surface with it.

Anyways that said try this and see if it explains tests steps any better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mppjm-Bk1ys

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 23:00

I agree, it is frustrating as Aquasuite is a very very powerful piece of software but as far as I can tell any official documentation is lacking (someone please correct me if I'm wrong and point me to it). I'm only scratching the surface with it.
I agree that Aquasuite can be daunting, and comprehensive software documentation is not available (AFAIK). There are a few guides out there but they are mostly for the Aquaero. The Owner's Manuals have some info about the software but its pretty general. I have found a few useful posts on the r/Watercooling reddit but the best source for info, explanations, and instructions seems to be this forum. I have gotten a lot of help and guidance here from more experienced users, and sometimes directly from an Aquacomputer rep. My last build was the first time I used Aquacomputer products so I am by no means an expert, but I do try to contribute what I can to help others.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 23:16

Well, the software is very powerful but you don't have to be a poweruser to get it to do the job for you.
Once you know about fan power preset, curve controller, and how to manage software sensors, you are pretty much set.
The playground is so powerful they can't really make a manual for it. Maybe describe in a bit more detail what some of the modules do, but after that, it's all up to the user, and whatever crazy combinations they come up with.

If you are lost, i'd say keep it simple! the shutdown sequence got you because you probably didn't grasp fuly how it worked.
This is why that window is called the Playground. It's literally a space to play mad scientist and experiment with various sensors and functions to get unique results.

You could do bonkers stuff like combining water temperature and fan speed in some way to control the RGB effects of the fans to vary the lighting rotation with speed but also alter the color with temperature.. stuff like that.
Software sensors can control a lot of stuff, not just fan speeds :)

I mean.. i dragged a sensor outside of the house to get temperature readings. I bet, knowing how many BTU my AC unit is, i could have the playground calculate my house's thermal losses or something..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (10. August 2022, 23:22)

Donnerstag, 11. August 2022, 19:40

Thanks for your encouragement gentlemen. I will admit I am overwhelmed with this right now. I do need to keep this simple and take small steps. Remayz, you are very good at explaining things. WinstonWoof, your videos are awesome, even though I don`t yet fully grasp the concepts of what you are doing. I have to keep watching them until I get what you are doing. Speedy-VI, you give great advice as well and your forethought on all things related to Aquasuite is valuable. Thank you for your contributions to this forum.

WinstonWoof, I did the test output data that you explained for the Water Pump Control in my Playground. It will set a 1 value up to the 180s On Delay switch. It does not set a 1 past that. Does that mean there is something wrong?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (11. August 2022, 19:44)

Donnerstag, 11. August 2022, 19:45

Thanks for your encouragement gentlemen. I will admit I am overwhelmed with this right now. I do need to keep this simple and take small steps. Remayz, you are very good at explaining things. WinstonWoof, your videos are awesome, even though I don`t yet fully grasp the concepts of what you are doing. I have to keep watching them until I get what you are doing. Speedy-VI, you give great advice as well and your forethought on all things related to Aquasuite is valuable. Thank you for your contributions to this forum.

WinstonWoof, I did the test output data that you explained for the Water Pump Control in my Playground. It will set a 1 value up to the 180s On Delay switch. It does not set a 1 past that. Does that mean there is something wrong?

That's the correct behaviour.

It is only outputting a 1 for the duration that the test data value is being sent.

If you wanted to latch it for any reason then that's a totally different kettle of fish.

Donnerstag, 11. August 2022, 19:53

Okay, thanks. I will go ahead and add it to the Octo Sensors and control the pump by this.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (11. August 2022, 19:57)

Samstag, 25. März 2023, 06:59

The curve controler bit now :)

That's where you make, and tweak your fan curve

What is the purpose of the vertical start line on the curve, what does it do and how should it be used?
Thanks...
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Remayz

Samstag, 25. März 2023, 12:59

tbh i have no idea what it does lol
i'd be interested to know too

Samstag, 25. März 2023, 18:22

What is the purpose of the vertical start line on the curve, what does it do and how should it be used?
Thanks...
From the Octo owner's manual:

The startup temperature will also be factored into the controller output. The output power defined in the curve controller will be ignored and set to 0 % as long as the input temperature has not exceeded the defined startup temperature for the first time. After the startup temperature has been exceeded, the output will strictly be set according to the defined curve until the output value goes down to 0 % again. This will trigger the startup process again, meaning the temperature has to exceed the defined startup temperature again before the curve will be in effect once more. This behavior is meant to prevent fans assigned to the curve controller to be switched on and off in rapid succession. If the first point on the curve is set to a power greater than 0 %, this behavior is deactivated.

Example - If you set the Start line at 30°C, when you boot up, if the assigned temp is below 30°C, the PWM port output will be 0, so a connected PWM fan will not spin. Once the assigned temp exceeds 30°C, the fan curve will become active and will remain active until the assigned temp drops to a value for which the curve is set to 0. If/when that happens, the PWM output will go to 0 and will stay at 0 until the temp exceeds the Start temp again.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (25. März 2023, 18:29)

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 14:15

Thanks for the explanation Speedy. My curve is set to water temps and the water temperature is always below that line but the fans are always spinning. The water temperature is usually between 21-24 and that curve line is at 27. Does the fan operating range over ride this feature (i.e.take precedent)? My fan range is set to operate between 22-100%.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (28. März 2023, 14:29)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Remayz

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 18:21

well yes :p
the fan curve 0% will be the lowest of your fan range, which is 22%. that's why they still spin.
I personally always set the fan range to 0-100% so everything is managed by the fan curve.
Setting a manual range higher is useful precisely if you want to avoid the fans stopping because of their 0 RPM feature. You want the opposite.

Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 08:16

well yes :p
the fan curve 0% will be the lowest of your fan range, which is 22%. that's why they still spin.
I personally always set the fan range to 0-100% so everything is managed by the fan curve.
Setting a manual range higher is useful precisely if you want to avoid the fans stopping because of their 0 RPM feature. You want the opposite.

Have you seen this work? I will try 0-100 and see how it works.Update:

Tried with the CPU curve and the rpms just fluctuate up and down. I assume because the water temperature moves. I like to keep a steady fan rpm so I will just keep the fans in their operating range.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 11 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (30. März 2023, 08:55)

Remayz

Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 09:11

what do you mean by "CPU curve" ?
Are you using the CPU temperature ? in a watercooled build?

Freitag, 31. März 2023, 07:35

what do you mean by "CPU curve" ?
Are you using the CPU temperature ? in a watercooled build?
Yes. Sorry for being unclear. I have a dual water loop for CPU and GPU. I use the water temperature to control the fans for both fan curves.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (31. März 2023, 07:37)

Dienstag, 4. April 2023, 16:27

If you want to monitor the GPU temperature, you can go to the Data Quick View menu to open the GPU option, and use the data related to the temperature as your fan control source, which can be GPU core or GPU hotspot, depending on which data you want to use to control fans. :)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2or9xTc]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jacob« (4. April 2023, 16:30)

Donnerstag, 6. April 2023, 17:08

Those are a couple nice options for fan curves. I may experiment with the GPU hot spot.
Do you use one of these for your fan curve?
Btw, what is the easiest way to move the dots (points) on the graphs? I use my mouse and that can be real finicky. Is there another easier/smoother way to move the dots (points) on the graphs?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (6. April 2023, 17:19)

Remayz

Donnerstag, 6. April 2023, 17:14

for aircooling maybe. For watercooling, components temperature doesn't matter one bit.

Donnerstag, 6. April 2023, 17:20

for aircooling maybe. For watercooling, components temperature doesn't matter one bit.
Yeah, I didn't think about it that way. Good point.