• 19.04.2024, 03:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 3. August 2022, 23:58

I guess noise varies a lot depending on what pump/res you have and what mounting too probably.
I personally can't hear my DDC4.2 unless i really push it very hard when chasing bubbles.
In normal use, can't hear it (always around ~60% +-5)

It costs a bit, but the best solution is always to test for yourself.
I used to consider DDCs too noisy because everyone said so, but in my rig the D5 is waaaay louder. So it may be worth a try, maybe :)
That Swiftech has some funky impeller, very remisniscent of a beefed up AIO, and from the test i've seen, doesn't behave too differently from a DDC. Worth a shot

Montag, 8. August 2022, 09:12

My dual D5 NEXT pumps running in series are mounted to a front vertical reservoir. I suspect this is one reason why they’re quite prominent sounding on my system at anything over 30-35%.

Interestingly I tried running them at 50% as part of some cooling testing and the difference in water temperatures and component temperatures seemed basically identical to when running them in ‘silent’ mode at 15-20%. Although I haven’t pushed any overclocks as of yet.

In relation to the above point, my next port of call is to measure the flow through the pumps: why is a low pump speed and a higher pump speed basically achieving the same cooling, and how does flow come into the equation on my system. But right now neither D5 is providing any flow rate data to aquasuite. both pumps are running a usb and aquabus cable to the hubby and aquaero respectively. Not sure why they’re not reporting, can’t figure it out. I was going to put a flow sensor in the loop but didn’t in the end as I had thought the D5s would be reporting this.

My system is arguably fairly restrictive, with three rads, quite a few 90 degrees angle fittings, however, have read that so-called ‘restrictive’ layouts are not a major issue in that water just flows ultimately. But need to get to the bottom of the flow rate measurements.

Montag, 8. August 2022, 09:43

Zitat

But right now neither D5 is providing any flow rate data to aquasuite.
both pumps are running a usb and aquabus cable to the hubby and aquaero
respectively. Not sure why they’re not reporting, can’t figure it out.
This is easy, look in the Aquasuite under D5 NEXT -> Sensors -> Flow.
There you see the requirements for the virtual flow sensor of the D5 NEXT, the last point is sufficient in your case, no additional pumps.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 9. August 2022, 01:31

Thanks Taubenhaucher. Just realised I need to calibrate the pumps first. Which means I need to do the ‘pinch tube’ move then run the calibration. Aquasuite says to pinch tube then run the calibration. But surely I would need to pinch the tube during calibration to give the calibration a ‘zero’ reading?

Dienstag, 9. August 2022, 07:28

You have to kink the tube for the whole calibration, but this will not help you much in your system, you have two pumps and the virtual flow meter of the pump calculates the flow on the basis of the pump speed, but with two pumps this can not work. The virtual measurement is already not very accurate with one pump, with two it will have no meaning, I think.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder