• 19.04.2024, 07:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

How to veritcally mount D5 Next with Ultitop from the base

Dienstag, 2. August 2022, 19:30

I bought the ULTITUBE D5 150 PRO LEAKSHIELD reservoir with D5 NEXT pump combo for my system. While I got it all installed and running, things didn't space out great as you can see here.

Some great suggestions from the community, and one I was thinking of was getting a stand-alone ULTITUBE 100 reservoir to put the LEAKSHIELD on, and using the ULTITOP D5 cover and mounting that on the next fan over. However, I'm having trouble finding any mounting accessories that would allow for the D5 to be mounted vertically with the ULTITOP on it. The included accessories (and purchasable fan mount) for the ULTITOP would cause the pump to be sideways if I were to use it.

The best that I've been able to see/think of at this point is to use the L-bracket that came with my 150 PRO as I've used it now (but one fan over). But in this config, the D5 & top would only be secured with the 3 screws that poke through the base of the plastic with it all being press held in the white silicone spacer. 8|

Are there any L-brackets for the ULTITOP that I haven't seen that would allow me to properly secure it at the back of the top as intended while still being able to mount it to a bottom fan?

Donnerstag, 4. August 2022, 17:07

I run D5 NEXTs with Ultitube 200 reservoirs on them in two loops, and both of those use only the three bottom screws for mounting. I would not ship a computer like this, but it is plenty stable for a computer that just sits on a desk.

Freitag, 5. August 2022, 16:15

Thanks, that's good to know and reassuring. So I could get away with it then.

Also thinking if an official bracket/solution doesn't exist then I get an L-bracket manufactured for what I need. I already know the spacing of the bottom holes for the fan adapter are 55.5mm. Does anyone have the the specifications for the mounting holes of the ULTITOP mount? I see the mount uses 4 holes in a rectangular pattern. What is the spacing of those holes?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Caldorian« (5. August 2022, 17:32)