• 20.04.2024, 04:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Fan control: Aquero with Octo

Dienstag, 2. August 2022, 23:26

Hi guys, I have recently set up my new pc. Am running an Aquaero Lt6, with an Octo connected. I run most of my fans from the Aquaero directly. I have one set of fans connected to the Octo. The Octo is connected to the Aquero via Aquabus.

The problem is this: the fans on the Octo exhibit that slightly odd behavior (that has been described on these forums previously) whereby the fan speed rises and falls every few seconds. The connection to the Octo is from 3 fans connected to one header on the Octo, via a 3 way splitter cable. I can make this behaviour stop if I limit the fan Minimum and Maximum power on the Aqauero Fan Settings page. If I deviate from these settings, the 'rise and fall' behaviour kicks in.

I am confused as to why this is happening.

I had read on a previous post that with my fans EK X3M Varders, sometimes you might need to cut the tacho pin to fix 'rise and fall'. But not sure if this is related to this issue?

Here is the Aqauero Fans page. The fans in question are on Fan 12. Note the voltage is a lot higher on this fan bank (at max voltage?). Fans 1 -4 are direct connections to the Aquero. If I set the Min power lower than 25.1 the 'rise and fall' kicks in. At 25.1 the behaviour disappears and it behaves and responds normally, but I can't get the fans to go to 0 rpm - so effectively it's always on at a speed controlled by the controller.

Here is the Octo fans page where it is saying the fans are controlled via Aquabus. Fan 8 routes to Fan 12 on the Aquaero:

Here is the Controller I have set up on the Aqauero, for Fan 12 on Controllers page:

Any advice much appreciated guys! :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »alexkyriak« (2. August 2022, 23:30)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 3. August 2022, 00:16

the X3M have a zero RPM mode. if the PWM signal goes below 25%, they will stop. So, if your curve goes below 25 or 26%, the fan stops, the aquaero detects low speed and restarts it.. then it slows down.. stops, and gets restarted.. etc...

So it's all normal. you just have to adjust as you did so the fan never falls below 25% PWM in the fan curve.

The voltage is okay too. It's PWM fans, and a PWM controller. the voltage is a constant 12V, always.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (3. August 2022, 00:18)