• 16.04.2024, 23:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Any point in adding Aquabus to this setup?

Sonntag, 7. August 2022, 06:15

I have an Aquaero 6, D5 Next (Ultitube), and a High Flow 2.

Right now I have the wiring to do:
- Both the Aquaero and D5 Next to motherboard via USB
- Flow 2's tachometer to the D5 Next as a flow sensor
- Flow 2's temp probe to the Aquaero

1) Would there be any gained features by adding a Aquabus connection between the Aquaero and D5 Next?
2) If I were to add that Aquabus connection and then connect the Flow 2's PWM to the Aquaero instead, could the D5 Next still display that flow rate on its LCD?
3) Are all the D5 Next's features accessible if you do USB > Aquaero > D5 and remove the D5's USB connection?

It would simplify my wiring a bit if the Flow 2 didn't have two destinations and the D5 Next only had one data cable going to it. Trying to figure out what my options are without needing to order and wait for a 53214 cable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jusana« (7. August 2022, 06:17)

Sonntag, 7. August 2022, 06:28

In a nutshell, no to all three questions.

The Aquabus can only transmit sensor values and control fans/pumps, all other functions of the devices connected via Aquabus are still controlled by the Aquasuite via USB.

In addition, you need the USB connection for firmware updates.

The Aquabus is only really useful if you use e.g. Linux because then the Aquasuite does not work and the devices can no longer communicate via USB.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Sonntag, 7. August 2022, 07:04

Thank you.

One more question about #2: If I keep all USB connections, but plugged the High Flow 2's flow sensor into the Aquaero instead of D5 Next, would I be able to use that sensor value on the D5's Next display (over USB)?
I would try this myself, but I am testing components with a laptop and only have one USB Motherboard Header <-> USB Type A adapter, so I have to chose between testing Aquaero or D5 Next right now.

Sonntag, 7. August 2022, 07:37

If the flow sensor is directly connected to the D5 NEXT the value can be displayed, then you only have to change the sensor type under Sensors.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder