• 18.04.2024, 18:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Worn out D5 Next, warranty?

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 13:59

I bought a D5 Next on eBay K-A last week and when it arrived I found out the ceramic ball where the impeller rides on is worn unevenly causing the impeller to grind on the pump itself.

Is this RMA-able or am I and the seller SOL?

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 16:17

Your most expedient option is to contact support directly: https://aquacomputer.de/support.html

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 16:53

Your most expedient option is to contact support directly: https://aquacomputer.de/support.html
Done. I also found out it's not the pump itself but the impeller that's worn. Tested the D5N with a spare impeller from a EKWB EK-Loop D5 pump I already have and the pump works just fine.

Water cooling: awesome when it works, NOT fun when you're literally autistic and can't stand things not working and/or receiving broken parts.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Wasmachineman_NL« (10. August 2022, 20:08)

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 20:12

This happens when the pump is run while dry or upside down (which ends up being the same as dry because of the air bubble). The eBay seller should resolve this for you.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 21:21

Usually, warranty is not transferable, but we never know, AC may "good will" it ^^'
It's best to see with the ebay seller as they sold a faulty item.
Now granted the D5 next is Laing D5 based, you may be able to use another rotor as you did.

Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, 22:21

This happens when the pump is run while dry or upside down (which ends up being the same as dry because of the air bubble). The eBay seller should resolve this for you.

Usually, warranty is not transferable, but we never know, AC may "good will" it ^^'
It's best to see with the ebay seller as they sold a faulty item.
Now granted the D5 next is Laing D5 based, you may be able to use another rotor as you did.
Seller partially refunded me and i'll get a spare impeller off Aliexpress soon. Next step: find out how to cancel the D5N I ordered off AC's shop.