• 16.04.2024, 22:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

The Aqua Computer Service is not active!

Donnerstag, 11. August 2022, 22:13

Hi all, sometimes I get this message when I start Aqausuite, sometimes I do not. Can anyone advise why this might happen?

As far as I am aware there is no Firewall blocking it, and I am running it in Administrator rights mode. Thanks! :)

Remayz

Freitag, 12. August 2022, 01:10

i don't know what causes it, but increasing the service start delay to 5 seconds seemed to have make it go away for me.
Maybe have a go at tweaking that delay?

Freitag, 12. August 2022, 21:30

I had that message a few times too. And it keeps asking me to re-start with administrative rights every time I log in.

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 13:09

Hi Remayz, mine was set to 8 seconds delay. When exactly does it count the delay from? Turn on of the machine?

And another sort of related question: on my old machine, built in about 2016, I was running an Aquaero 6 LT, and there was a settting in Aquasuite to flash the Aquasuite settings and profiles to the Aquaero device itself. After I had to reinstall the OS 3-4 years after it was built, I never actually re-installed Aqausuite, I just let the computer run off the aquero hardware in the PC running the profile from the device itself. I can't seem to find this option or functionality in the current version of Aquasuite on my new PC. Is it still a feature, or does it work differently?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »alexkyriak« (14. August 2022, 15:25)

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 14:24

All settings you make in the Aquasuite are automatically saved in the devices.
Even without Aquasuite or the background service started, the devices all work autonomously.
Of course, then no more data is transferred via USB and the Aquaero can only work with the sensors connected directly or via the Aquabus, or control pumps like D5 NEXT connected via Aquabus.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 15:25

OK thanks mate, makes sense. Now I just have to solve the erratic "service not active" message!

Dienstag, 16. August 2022, 21:48

Still getting this message. I cannot work out why or how it's happening.

Dienstag, 16. August 2022, 21:59

"Service not running" is not anything new for aquasuite. It has been happening in previous versions, then it stopped and now it comes and goes, its less frequent but it still happens. I always say, if your aquasuite running OK and there is an update, first make full backup of your current system because once you do the update, there is no going back and you might wait for ages to get that fixed.

Mittwoch, 17. August 2022, 06:03

I had this issue after the last update, what sorted it for me was:
Opening task manager (ctrl alt & delete) select services tab, find Aquacomputer service, right click and select open services. Find Aquacomputer again, right click and select properties, then change the recovery settings to force a restart of the service.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Remayz

Mittwoch, 17. August 2022, 20:50

i just had that happen while i was away, been a while...
I did change the service settings to restart in case of failure. We'll see if it pops up again, not that it happens often (maybe once a month or less)