• 16.04.2024, 19:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Using Leakshield to find leak source

Freitag, 12. August 2022, 18:00

So I've been finding my Leakshield has been activating more often over the last 10 days or so, to the point that it's giving me cautionary warnings about it's daily runtime. Now I do have my reservoir filled about 80% of the way, and that the negative pressure in the loop significantly drops when I'm putting load on my system, but this is in excess of that, with pressure drop happening even without load.

My previous testing when I first put the loop together had a leakage rate of about 0.2 mbar/min. Now I'm seeing 0.7+ mbar/min.
(Side note; what are people's thoughts on what a standard leakage rate should be / how much pressure change should happen as the loop temperature changes)

Do people have any suggestions on how I might be able to to find the source of the leak? If it was positively pressured, I'd use a standard water-drop & look for bubbles. But the negative pressure prevents that from happening.

Edit: I guess I should put in the main components of the loop: ULTITUBE 150 D5 Pro Next Rez, 2 x 360mm Alphacool NexXxos V.2 rads, EKWB Velocity2 CPU and Vector2 GPU blocks, all connected via 10/16 ZMT/EPDM tubing.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Caldorian« (12. August 2022, 18:02)

Freitag, 12. August 2022, 20:31

I found that no matter how well sealed my loop was, the settings selected by the LEAKSHIELD wizard caused it to endlessly give false alarms.

For the last few days, I have been running the following settings without any alarms getting triggered. My loop has a single D5 Next as the pump. You can find these settings in LEAKSHIELD -> Settings -> Edit current settings.
  • Maximum negative pressure: 475mbar
  • Set point negative pressure: 440mbar
  • Minimum negative pressure: 375mbar
  • Use adaptive pressure preset: No

In the Alarms page, I have the Warning threshold set to 150ml/h and the Fill Level warning set to 30%.

My loop has significant swings in TDP that it dissipates (~100w at idle to ~950w at full load), but I use temperature setpoint controllers so the coolant temp is always between 37C and 40C with a target of 38C. Thus, the pressure changes due to fluid expansion are minimal despite the significant swings in thermal load. The pump is configured to run at a fixed RPM. If you do not already have your loop configured this way, you may want to give it a try.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cptninc« (12. August 2022, 20:32)