• 19.04.2024, 01:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

RTX 3090 active backplate updates?

Samstag, 13. August 2022, 20:32

Hello all,

I will get my hands on an nVidia RTX 3090 (reference PCB) and I was thinking about revamping the whole build, using Aqualis XT reservoir, dual-pump (D5 Next with Ultitop), etc.
But I have hit a snag choosing the GPU waterblock. It looks like the Active Backplate is a heatpipe connecting to a terminal. That's topped by competition by one order of magnitude.
So I was wondering... are there plans for fully watercooled backplates, or should I just go with another producer?
I'd also like to know which waterblock is compatible with a reference design. The GPU in question is an Alienware (Dell) 3090, which has reference design.

Remayz

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 00:06

I can't speak for AC but i doubt they would make a new backplate at this time with the 4000 series on the horizon.
Only the first versions of the 3090 benefitted greatly from an active backplate, having memory chips on both sides. Most new GPUs now have memory only on one side, using higher density memory chips. If yours is like that, you could stick to a traditional waterblock.

Or use the competitor's option... i have one besides me and that fat copper sandwitch just looks sick i have to admit ^^'

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 15:17

I have had the EKWB active backplate blocks and I currently have 20 of the Aquacomputer XCS blocks, all for Strix 3090s. I don't know where you're getting your "topped by one order of magnitude" claim from. The Aquacomputer XCS blocks perform as well or better than the EK blocks in my experience. In 4+ GPU setups, the difference between them grows even further due to the flow restriction in EK's arrangement.

Remayz - All 3090s and the A6000 have backside VRAM. All other 30-series cards do not.

Remayz

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 20:08

the latest cards teardown i saw had chips only on one side. but you don't know unless you search your particular model, or take it apart. not all have those chips.

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 20:28

Those were probably the 3090Ti. That model has the newer higher density VRAM chips, so they're mounted on only the front side.

Remayz

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 20:31

my bad: i had a doubt after posting and yes, i mixed them up, you are right :)
they retain the PCB of the 3090 which confused me further.