• 27.04.2024, 19:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquasuite in a Dual Boot Environment: Shared Config?

Sonntag, 21. August 2022, 14:15

Ok so I've been running my Octo/AS in a dual boot environment (W10 for work, W11 for non work) since I purchased it.

No problems there even when there have been firmware updates and matching sdtware updates. Just need to get them aligned.

What is a (minor) niggle is keeping everything aligned between the 2 installs. Currently I end up copy over the Program Data directory and then tweaking every so often.

What I was wondering is this:

Is there a way to make Aquasuite run using a shared config location ie a second drive so that regardless of which environment its started from it always uses the same config?

Sonntag, 21. August 2022, 20:38

I had forgotten about the power of symbolic links :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFyEXVQ3yUY

(really need to change my OBS recording settings in my W10 environment, apologies its a bit "fuzzy")

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (21. August 2022, 20:41)

Sonntag, 21. August 2022, 22:05

I use Symbolic links to move where Apple stores iPhone backups and photos. They insist on dumping it all on your OS drive and provide no way for the user to specify another location. I want backups and photos stored on my much larger data drive. Symbolic links is the only way to do this AFAIK. Very handy but also annoying that Apple does not let you change where it dumps all of this data.