• 27.04.2024, 14:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Pulsed Water Pump Control

Dienstag, 23. August 2022, 08:33

So as I say in the video I have no scientific basis for this but I have configured Aquasuite to run my Water Pump at full speed for 2 minutes every 30 minutes, Theory in my head is that this may help prevent build up of air bubbles etc by regularly chnaging the speed of flow but at t the same time not have it constantly hunting as it would if linked to a temperature based control.

NB this could of course be used for any time based switching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zp_XVW2b84

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (23. August 2022, 08:35)

Remayz

Dienstag, 23. August 2022, 12:54

Once a week would be enough hehe
Once the bubbles are gone, the air buildup is very very slow.

But.. that's a nice way to make an air purge cycle after having changed the coolant, like, boosting 30s, slow down 30s etc for a few minutes.
i'll give that a try at my next coolant change

Dienstag, 23. August 2022, 13:07

the increased sound from the pump serves as a handy reminder to take a screen break whilst working ;o)

Dienstag, 23. August 2022, 15:41

You could also add a higher loop to that so it does the cycling only between, say, 2am and 7am.

Or also use a Leakshield :D

Remayz

Dienstag, 23. August 2022, 18:05

eeeh.. on a restrictive case a leakshield won't help getting all the air out. you need flow, and good arms :p

Dienstag, 23. August 2022, 19:41

Just have it pull a strong vacuum while using the vacuum to fill the loop. There won't be enough air in the loop to create any meaningful amount of trapped bubbles. This is now how I fill loops on systems which are too large to move around. It's not perfect, but it gives results (as measured by cooling performance) that are as good as pump cycling and case tipping.