• 27.04.2024, 14:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Dual windows boot, shared settings

Dienstag, 6. September 2022, 12:33

Hello,

I have a D5 Next, Leakshield, High Flow Next and Octa RGB. The Octa controls the fans, and much of the RGB.

I have 2 windows installs on the same machine. My primary, and my secondary.

I do not have a signal wire connecting anything to the octa, so I have to use, I guess they are "soft" sensors, utilising the water temperature from pump or flow meter to give me water temperature.

So have to manually assign water temperature soft sensors to the Octa sensor suite, within the AquaSuite. I have to do this on both the Primary and Secondary windows installs.

The problem is that they are not the same sensor.. so when the water temp is correctly set in my Primary install, it does not work when I boot into my Secondary install. Each time I change the windows boot, I have to manually go into the Octa --> Fan --> and reassign it to the soft sensor.

Is there a way to share the program/sensor data between my installs, such that I have the correct fan settings regardless of which Windows Machine I boot from?

If not, can I get around this somehow? I am in Australia and can't afford the 60euro or so to get a single signal wire sent over, and I am not even sure if this would do the trick).
Thanks!

Remayz

Dienstag, 6. September 2022, 13:34

How about a hardware temperature sensor instead of relying on USB readouts?
https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water-cooling/monitoring/temperature-sensor/7367/phobya-temperature-sensor-in/outer-thread-g1/4

That's just an example, but if you can fit something similar in your loop, connect it to the Octo, you'd have a hardware sensor, and no troubles with several instances of Aquasuite.

It's a workaround though. maybe there's a solution with Aquasuite, but that's all i can think of :)

RE: Dual windows boot, shared settings

Dienstag, 6. September 2022, 15:09

Hello,

I have a D5 Next, Leakshield, High Flow Next and Octa RGB. The Octa controls the fans, and much of the RGB.

I have 2 windows installs on the same machine. My primary, and my secondary.

I do not have a signal wire connecting anything to the octa, so I have to use, I guess they are "soft" sensors, utilising the water temperature from pump or flow meter to give me water temperature.

So have to manually assign water temperature soft sensors to the Octa sensor suite, within the AquaSuite. I have to do this on both the Primary and Secondary windows installs.

The problem is that they are not the same sensor.. so when the water temp is correctly set in my Primary install, it does not work when I boot into my Secondary install. Each time I change the windows boot, I have to manually go into the Octa --> Fan --> and reassign it to the soft sensor.

Is there a way to share the program/sensor data between my installs, such that I have the correct fan settings regardless of which Windows Machine I boot from?

If not, can I get around this somehow? I am in Australia and can't afford the 60euro or so to get a single signal wire sent over, and I am not even sure if this would do the trick).
Thanks!

Take a look at

Aquasuite in a Dual Boot Environment: Shared Config?

Dienstag, 6. September 2022, 16:19

Sir!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

I had thought about symbolic links at one point but it totally slipped my mind and I wouldn't have even known where to start with windows.

Absolutely perfect. Thank you very, VERY much.

To anyone finding this thread, follow the above link and the video has all the commands you need.

In summary:

Stop the AquaSuite service (use admin to open CMD and run the commands)
Backup the folder data is NOT going to host the files, by renaming the existing folder (AquaSuite will therefore think the folder no longer exists)
Recreate the now-missing folder in the CMD terminal by making a symbolic link to the other drive.
Restart the service.

Perfect. Sorted out a really annoying problem of mine. I will use this with other shared services too. Thanks again!

Dienstag, 6. September 2022, 17:48

As I commented, I had also forgotten about them lol