• 25.04.2024, 09:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Drill pattern for ULTITUBE D5

Samstag, 10. September 2022, 04:18

Hi!

I'm currently planning (and building as I go) a new system with a custom loop and considering using the "ULTITUBE D5 200 PRO reservoir with D5 NEXT pump" as my pump/res combo. Unfortunately the only place to mount it to is the front rad which would make the LCD face in to the case, not towards the user (which annoys e a bit). Looking at it there seems to be no way to turn it 90 degrees when mounted like that, but I do have room to drill and mount it standing (Corsair 7000D Airflow case).
The manual is kinda bare and contain no drawings or measurements so now I wonder if there's anywhere to find the drill pattern/hole dimensions, hole sizes needed to mount the res/pump in the upright position anywhere? (my idea is to drill through the plastic insert at the end of the case and use that to mount the res to, the open flat area is 80mm wide).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SteinerSE« (10. September 2022, 04:20)

Samstag, 10. September 2022, 04:36

You can use the mount that connected the the reservoir to the front fans or radiator. This will leave the pump and attached controller to be rotated freely. That's how I mounted in this 5000D build.

Note that when mounted like this, the ports will be in fixed position and cannot be rotated to the front or back.

Sorry I have only angled pics handy at the moment.
[img]https://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=9652&h=a9a7e9e90a900a7dab0c2d0cc3ab77a857a0ee0b[/img]
[img]https://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=9653&h=0253a26bbe406b8078befac0a9a81ec1e902b2ce[/img]
[img]https://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=9654&h=afdf08bab3308b04120463366a3a1280d95e6927[/img]

Weird. The forum is having trouble parsing the URL for its own embedded images. It looks like the ? in the URLs is throwing it off.
»cptninc« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cptninc« (10. September 2022, 05:00)

Samstag, 10. September 2022, 05:27

Oh thank you! That is very helpful, the ports will work better in that direction anyway, my main concern was the LCD facing sidewayss rather than out. But in what direction those the connections go? Towards the back or the rqadiator (willl be very tight there?)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SteinerSE« (10. September 2022, 06:01)

Samstag, 10. September 2022, 05:44

The ports are perpendicular to the face of the fans (in parallel with the air flow). In this build, the pump is mounted to the front fans but the rad is technically on the side. My next one will try to have the pump mount to a front rad assuming there's enough GPU clearance.

The controller/display mounts to the circular pump, so it can be rotated to any angle you want. If 43deg is the perfect angle for your build, just loosen the pump collar, twist the pump, and retighten the collar.

Samstag, 10. September 2022, 07:02

The ports are perpendicular to the face of the fans (in parallel with the air flow). In this build, the pump is mounted to the front fans but the rad is technically on the side. My next one will try to have the pump mount to a front rad assuming there's enough GPU clearance.

The controller/display mounts to the circular pump, so it can be rotated to any angle you want. If 43deg is the perfect angle for your build, just loosen the pump collar, twist the pump, and retighten the collar.
Hmm, yeas I see now when I looked at images in the shop of the lose D5 Next, all the connections are on the bottom part with the LCD, so swiveling that also changes the facing of the connections to where I want them. (I think)