• 23.04.2024, 19:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Filling loop with Leakshield?

Montag, 12. September 2022, 19:24

Hi!

I've just made an order for a whole bunch of AC electronics to go into the current build (60 days delivery time? Ugh!). One of them the Ultitube with D5 Next and Leakshild. As I'm still planning the exact layout of my loop and what fittings to get I now wonder, what's the optimal position to add a valve for attaching a hose to use for filling the loop with the Leakshield function? How does it work filling the entire loop and not just pulling until it feels the res is full?

TIA
Thomas

Dienstag, 13. September 2022, 08:19

I put a T on the res and pulled it in there. You have to do some cycles to move the air like normal, once the res is the fill level you like then your done

Dienstag, 13. September 2022, 13:44

I put a T on the res and pulled it in there. You have to do some cycles to move the air like normal, once the res is the fill level you like then your done
Oh, I was considering addinga valve where I can attach a hose for sucking in fluid at the furthest point away from the res so that it will fill as much as possible of the loop before starting to fill up the res itself.

Dienstag, 13. September 2022, 17:05

I have two ball valves, one at the very bottom of the loop to drain and refill, and one at the reservoir to refill when the water level drops, if needed.
Since I have the LEAKSHIELD there is no more water loss :-)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 13. September 2022, 23:07

Oh, I was considering addinga valve where I can attach a hose for sucking in fluid at the furthest point away from the res so that it will fill as much as possible of the loop before starting to fill up the res itself.
Sounds like a way to minimize air, for me I did KIS approach

Mittwoch, 14. September 2022, 16:21

Sounds like a way to minimize air, for me I did KIS approach
Oh I have plans to do about the same. I was already addinga T with a drain valve at the lowest point of the loop which happens to be between the rad out and pump/res in. I already have the parts for another drain/fill point so that's why I thought about putting it in at the furthest point.