• 16.04.2024, 12:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Ultitube/D5 Next/Leakshield, how to connect up?

Montag, 19. September 2022, 22:32

So got a bunch of parts from AC today (and they send me some incorrect parts). Now trying to figure out how to connect everything up.
The SATA is self explanatory and the USBs that I will connect to a Hubby7 hub pretty much as well.
My question is how to connect up the RGB since I have 1 cable included and 4 ports,

Do I need to order an additional cable to connect the included parts?
And which of the two ports on the Ultitube is in and out for the daisy chain?

d5connect.jpg

I might have missed some cabling.
If I want the motherboard to get a RPM signal from the pump, is this the cable I need?
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2846

What I bought was (for use with the Highflow Next):
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=4045
But that's a 3pin connection adn not 4 pin for PWM

Anyone that can clarify this to me?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SteinerSE« (19. September 2022, 23:05)

Montag, 19. September 2022, 22:34

Also, does the image actually show for anyone, I attached an image of what I have, and it shows in the edit window, but not in the submitted post.

Dienstag, 20. September 2022, 02:26

Utiltiube RGBpx - If you look closely at the top of the black rubber above the connectors, on the left one there is the word "IN". I think it's actually molded into the rubber, and it's hard to see. The connector on the Leakshield that you have labelled RGBpx is not an RGBpx port. Its a 3-pin Signal port that can be used to send a shutdown contact closure to your mobo. The cable you need to implement that is #53216 I am not sure if the D5N can send an RPM signal to the mobo. The fan port pin-3 is a speed signal but I think that a speed signal from a fan plugged into that port, not the pump RPM. That port can be used to connect a flow meter, but the manual does not say anything about reporting pump speed over it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (20. September 2022, 02:48)

Dienstag, 20. September 2022, 03:46

Utiltiube RGBpx - If you look closely at the top of the black rubber above the connectors, on the left one there is the word "IN". I think it's actually molded into the rubber, and it's hard to see. The connector on the Leakshield that you have labelled RGBpx is not an RGBpx port. Its a 3-pin Signal port that can be used to send a shutdown contact closure to your mobo. The cable you need to implement that is #53216 I am not sure if the D5N can send an RPM signal to the mobo. The fan port pin-3 is a speed signal but I think that a speed signal from a fan plugged into that port, not the pump RPM. That port can be used to connect a flow meter, but the manual does not say anything about reporting pump speed over it.
Thank you. yes I figured out my Leakshield mistake when reading the manual again, it's a signal out and USB. So I think I connected the RGB correctly in the picture, from the D5 to the ring,a nd from the ring out side to a RGB splitter to connect more parts (So now have 3 channels for RGB, 2 from the Octo and one from the D5). I can send a RPM signal from the Highflow Next with the cable I already have (it converts flow rate to RPM numbers), and I have the signal cable for the mobo power (But will connect it from the Octo). Maybe someone can chime in about the 4pin out from the D5 if it can send a RPM signal.