• 16.04.2024, 08:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Help needed please in connection/setup

Mittwoch, 21. September 2022, 11:39

Hi guy's

I posted a bit ago regarding moving from corsair com pro's and their lighting nodes and going back to Aquacomputer's Aquasuite (still have license from previous build non rgb) using the Corsair LL120/140mm fans after having nothing but grief with their software.

So finally, i have stripped my Corsair 1000D build down and while i am changing my tubing to acrylic i am just about to start the wiring/connection process of the fans.

Below RGB & power/PWM parts to be connected to Splitty4's and Farbwerk 360 and Aquaero 6 LTE

Corsair 1000d case (led front glass panel inc reset/power button corsair connection at the end)

21 Corsair LL 120/140mm led fans.2 x 360mm rads front and 1 x 420 rad up top).

Ek Quantum flt360 res (standard 3 pin rgb)

EK Quantum 5900x Amd cpu block (standard 3 pin rgb)

Ek Quantum Trinity Gpu block for Zotac rtx 3090 (standard 3 pin rgb )

EK RGB Quantum flow indicator (standard rgb 3 pin)

Running on a Corsair AX1200i supply

Aquacomputer parts i have are.

1 x Hubby7

6 x Splitty4

2 x Farbwerk 360
Aquaero 6 pro (not using the screen as the 1000d has no bays, so lite ver. taken from my Prev build)

Question, do i have enough Aquacomputer parts to power this ie splitty4s or Farbwerk 360's also usb ports (hubby7) or do i need more.

Could any forum members on here help me in the correct way/order to get these up and running please, it is a big ask but would be app.
Thank you in advance

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Replicatorsg1« (21. September 2022, 16:48)

Remayz

Dienstag, 27. September 2022, 02:58

for the fans, the splitty behaves like a corsair fan led hub. You have to connect the fans in order, from RGB port 1 to 4, as they will pass data from one to the other.
Since you have banks of 3 fans all the time (3 front, 3 back on each rad) you'll probably want to connect each bank on one splitty. Maybe top - middle - bottom as fan 1, fan 2, fan 3.

with 3 rads in push pull, that's 18 fans. the 1000D can take one or two more on the back, so i don't know what's the 21 ^^' possibly, you may need another Splitty 4 for the last fans.

With a big case like that, take notes of what is connected to what splitty, on what channel it connects on the FW360 so you dont pull your hair when setting the RGB.

Same deal with the PWM. Here you have 4 PWM channels on the Aquaero i believe. that's a bit short. You'll need one for the pump. for the others, you could connect two splittys to a pwm splitter cable, and drive an entire rad from a single channel. 6 fans on a 30W channel, it should be able to take it, and you could connect all 3 rads on the 3 remaining channels (make sure you set them all to PWM)
If ever you feel you need more channels, you can get a quadro or octo and connect it with aquabus to the Aquaero. It will then behave as an extension with 4, or 8 more PWM channels.

And for the other RGB devices, they just connect straight to the FW360.

For such a busy build i personally would have gone with an Octo rather than Aquaero, or maybe aquaero + quadro, to have more PWM channels. As it is now you'll have to piggyback your back exhaust fans to a radiator channel, so you won't be able to control them separately.

Dienstag, 27. September 2022, 18:49

Remayz
Thank you for helping out.

Would it be best to order an octo or quadro to go with the Aquaero 6 now that i have it rather than piggy backing.

Fans, i have 1 on the rear , 6 push pull up top on a 420 and 14 on front on the twin rads 360s plus two more to fill the space above the 360s (works quite nicely 480s would not fit)
I also labeled all fans from the rear starting at 1 then top rad 2-7 then the front 8-14. will i have to re-label all the fans again to go with your suggestion on your post. what is your suggestion for the 21 fans mentioned order wise.
Also how many splitters will i need please
Just on shifts so will give your reply a good read tomorrow, could you let me know about the extra octo or Quadro.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me out , i may have some more questions over the next couple of days.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Replicatorsg1« (27. September 2022, 20:24)

Remayz

Dienstag, 27. September 2022, 21:31

If i were you i'd start connecting the fans and see what i am missing hehe
since you have 2x4 fans on the front that will take a whole splitty 4 for either side
two more splitty for the pull fans on, the other side, two for the top rad etc.. and see as you go what is missing
You could use a free spot on one of the top rad splitty to connect the back fan.

Since you have an aquaero, i'd use aquabus to make a quadro an extension of the aquaero. that's what it's for after all. That will give you an 8 PWM channel Aquaero.
Otherwise if you go for an Octo to connect everything for example, the Aquaero kind of becomes redundant and you may as well just use the Octo standalone (if you don't plan on using features that just the Aquaero has).
It's a matter of preference. You could use aquaero + quadro on aquabus, both units standalone on USB, or same thing with an Octo, or get rid of the Aquaero.. all options would work.

There are many ways to connect and control everything so it's hard to say "here : that's the way to do it, order this and that" :)