• 18.04.2024, 13:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

MWII Modern Warfare II Permenant Ban - "CASERMA - RHINO"

Sonntag, 25. September 2022, 11:08

Yesterday I tried the new MWII beta, I was immediately shadowbanned before my first round! My friends could not connect to me nor I to them. They could join a game together. After the 2nd round of me playing on a server without them I was banned. On the first round there was clearly a cheat with 40+ kills when everyone else had < 5 kills each because the other team was dead all the time. Being unable to connect with my friends to the same server and the presence of other cheaters is a clear indication of being shadow-banned as the anti-cheat system moves your to a different pool of servers with suspected-cheats-only, which is why you can't connect with your friends as they are on a different pool of servers.

'You have been permanently banned from playing on the COD MW II servers'. Reason: CASERMA - RHINO.":

I appealed to Activision and Blizzard:

This is the response I got:

The only reason I can think of for the ban is that I run the following bits of software, which might be causing false-positives:

1) Open Hardware Monitor 0.9.6 (for hardware monitoring).
2) Aquasuite X.53 (for fan controller).
3) John’s background switcher 5.4 (switches desktop backgrounds every 5 minutes on all three connected monitors).
4) Acer RGB Light Sense 1.1.7.0 - changes LEDs on back of main monitor to match on-screen content.

I've been running all the above for a long time, no issues in Warzone or BF1/V/2042.
If anyone else gets a perm-ban and runs any of the above please let us know. It wouldn't be the first time I'd heard of aquasuite causing false-positives, hence my suspicion.
* https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discus…975692/page/106
* https://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/threa…und-eac.622324/
* AquaComputerService.exe löst Easy Anti Cheat aus
* EasyAntiCheat Game Security Violation [AquaComputerService.exe]

I cannot use any newer version of Aquasuite because apparently you need a paid service to upgrade it so I'm ditching my Aquasite controller and uninstalling it. It's too expensive buying games and having false-positives which no chance of redress.
I'm posting this here so that other CoD fans can uninstall aquasuite before they play and end up in the same situation as me.

Sonntag, 25. September 2022, 12:47

Your anger is understandable, but I believe misdirected.
It doesn't help that the gaming folks do not provide particulars as to the source of your violation.
But your preference for 'free' or expired software (Open Hardware Monitor, expired aquasuite X.53), does put you at risk of using software where upgrades may address issues that are discovered.

Sonntag, 25. September 2022, 14:02

As a follow up. I uninstalled all the drivers for Aquasuite and cleared out remaining crap from the registry and created a new BattleNet and Activision account. I managed to play about 4 rounds, experianced lots of cheaters, and then my account was banned. I took a video of the entire session as proof too...
I also wasn't running Johns Background Switcher, Acer RGB Light Sense, but was running Open Hardware Monitor.
So at this point who knows, there are other reports of people getting banned that use iCUE which I also run for my CPU cooler.
https://twitter.com/Dylan_brown30/status/1573719912295579650
Next up I'm uninstalling iCUE and Open Hardware Monitor and will create a new account and try again...

Sonntag, 25. September 2022, 15:26

It appears you need an infinite supply of mobile phone numbers if you need to create a new account, I don't have another and thus I'm doomed.
Likely the second ban was because the second account was linked to the first account, probably through some identifier on the PC, and so it's inconclusive that Aquasuite is or is not the cause. Either way I'm still not using Aquasuite products ever again due to the requirement for a paid service for updates AFTER you buy the hardware which you're not told about BEFORE you buy the hardware.

Imagine if I bought a mouse or headphones from Razer or Logitech and they then started charging for driver updates and fixes!

Remayz

Sonntag, 25. September 2022, 16:26

Either way I'm still not using Aquasuite products ever again due to the requirement for a paid service for updates AFTER you buy the hardware which you're not told about BEFORE you buy the hardware.

Imagine if I bought a mouse or headphones from Razer or Logitech and they then started charging for driver updates and fixes!
Yes you are. every product page states you get a 3 months, 6 months,; one year licence with it. there's also a lengthy FAQ explaining the whole licensing principle.
When i started with Aquacomputer stuff, i knew what i was getting into, besides 10 bucks a year is not exactly raping my wallet. Next time you want to have takeaway food, just cook once and you paid for your license :P

But for your problem i'd suspect iCUE. There has been a ton of reports of false positive with anti cheat systems, which seems to be due to Corsair always using old versions of the CPUID SDK. And in good corsair fashion, they update their catastrophy of a software once in a blue moon, so people have to close iCUE to play.
But usually it's the anti cheat software warning them, not the actual company banning right away.
RGB light sense.. i wonder if that could be a culprit too, Usually ambilight systems basically capture display data to determine what color to display on the LEDs. Aquasuite can do it if you enable audio and.or video analysis in the options. iCue also does it if you have their ambilight system.

The MMO FPS commuity being so toxic, i can't blame Activision for behaving the way they do.. it sucks if you are honest, but i'm sure they get hammered with requests from cheaters that got caught and try to play nice

Montag, 26. September 2022, 08:25

There is a lot of news about false positives with RICOCHET Anti-Cheat™, IMO the problem is with Ricochet and not Aquasuite.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Dienstag, 27. September 2022, 14:42

Here is my summary:
"I was playing a buggy beta and got banned for suspected cheat software. I uninstalled a bunch of things that nobody has reported having issues with but I left the one that people DO report having trouble with. The problem did not go away."

This is similar to "my doctor says I'm fat because I eat too much ice cream. In response, I started drinking less water. Now I'm still fat and I'm going to blame the water."