• 23.04.2024, 10:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Octo - Fans always spinning at max RPM

Mittwoch, 28. September 2022, 20:00

I'm having a bit of trouble with my new Octo controller out of the box. I just completed a new custom loops, and I've got 8 EKWB X3M fans each plugged into one of the 8 headers on the Octo. Aquasuite is able to detect all of the fans, except for fan 2 which it shows as having 0 power/RPMs despite it spinning at max RPM.

I attempted to set a basic fan curve for fan 1 using the liquid temp from my loop, and when I apply the curve the fan status shows output at 0% but the speed remains at max. I applied the settings from fan 1 to all 8 fans, and they're all running max RPMs.

Am I missing something obvious, or could this be a problem with the software or the Octo itself?
»Swig_of_Gasoline« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Aquasuite Screenshot.png

Remayz

Mittwoch, 28. September 2022, 20:18

24°C temperature :) i believe it's the fans, not the Octo that cause the confusion

the fan curve sets a PWM% of 0, and the X3M will default to full speed at that setting.

To use the 0 RPM feature of X3M you have to get idle temperature somewhere between 1 and 25% PWM
under 25% : they stop
at 0%, they default to full speed.

If you don't mean to have the fans stop at all, set your lowest speed in the fan curve to 26% or higher

An example would be a curve going from 22°C water temp at 26% fan speed , to 50°c at 100%

Mittwoch, 28. September 2022, 22:01

Hah, so it was something obvious! Thank you for pointing that out.

When I made some adjustments to the curve to lower the starting temp, the RPM dropped down immediately. As you can see, my temps have started to increase with the lower RPM, but also my fans are out of sync when they're all set to share the settings from Fan 1. Now Fan 8 is showing 0 RPM, and Fan 3's RPM is absurdly high despite not spinning very fast.

Any idea what the issue is now?
»Swig_of_Gasoline« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Aquasuite Screenshot2.png

Mittwoch, 28. September 2022, 22:11

Update: The fans are much more consistent at a higher output% like you had suggested. Fan2 still shows 0RPM in Aquasuite though, but it's ostensibly matching the RPM of the other fans. That might just be an issue with the Octo.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 29. September 2022, 01:42

when you're very close to 25% it's somewhat unstable. that's why i never used them under 26%.
your fan curve stops at 10% so you'll still have fans stopping sometimes sooner than others.

If you set the lowest point at 25° and 26%PWM.. and the water goes cooler than25° it will stay at 26% PWM.

Now that speed reading at over 5000 rpm is weird.
Some older vardar fans had issues when used with splitters, but the X3M shouldn't be affected at all. I personally used 9 on my octo and never had any issues with them. So this one is strange.