• 16.04.2024, 10:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield Status Diagram - What do all of the values mean?

Montag, 3. Oktober 2022, 02:45

My Leakshield Status page includes 2 temperatures. I could not find any mention of them in the manual. Does anyone know where these temps are measured? Also, what do the values P1, P2, Q, and D mean?

2022-1002 LKS Status C.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (1. November 2022, 00:57)

Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2022, 15:40

This are internal Temperatures from the device, this temperatures are used for compensate temperature drift.

Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2022, 02:36

Thank you for your response, but could you be a little more specific? Since these temperature values are displayed, it seems to me that they should be documented. Where are the temperatures measured and what influence do the values have on the operation of the LKS? You said they are used to compensate for temperature drift. Can you explain this in more detail?

Also, under where it says "Waterproof membrane" there are values for P1, P2, Q, and D. In my screen shot above, these items do not appear. The LKS was in Monitor mode when the screen shot was taken. Values for P1, P2, Q, and D appear if I do a Measure Fill or go from Release mode to Monitor mode (which does a Measure Fill). If I go from Monitor mode to Release mode, the numbers do not change. If I go from Release mode to Monitor mode, P2 changes a little but the rest do not change. If I go to Shield mode, they all change. If I go from Shield mode to Monitor mode or Monitor mode to Release mode, they do not change. They do change in De-aerate mode, but they seem to only change once then they stay the same for the rest of the De-Aeration cycle.

I am guessing that P1 and P2 are pressure high and low limit values in mbar. Is this correct, and if yes, pressure values where? Why do they change for some mode changes that affect pressure but not other mode changes that affect pressure? What is Q? What is D? Since these values are displayed in LKS status, they must have some meaning. If their meaning is not meant for the user to interpret, why are they displayed?

Finally, is the word "Membrane" spelled "membarane" on purpose? I thought maybe this is the German spelling but Google says German for Membrane is Membran. Is this just an oops? I am not trying to be "nit picky". I just want to understand what the information displayed in the LKS Status diagram means. Thank you in advance for any additional details.

2022-1004 LKS Status 2.jpg

Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2022, 02:07

Bump.

What are the values P1, P2, Q, and D in the Leakshield Status display? Since they are prominently displayed, then must have some meaning. There is no mention of these values in the Leakshield owner's manual. Are they "secret" internal values that only Aquacomputer devs know the meaning of? Why is the meaning of these values not documented?

Remayz

Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2022, 02:21

D seems to be the difference between P1 and P2
Q could be ... Q factor? ^^ an indication of how often presure varies = the pump cycles?
high Q : leaky, low Q = leak tight?

red-ray

Q seems to vary depending on the mode I select

Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2022, 03:10

D adds up as the difference, on Monitor-Q194 D is 53 when the difference is 54 as the numbers are rounded and when I checked the actual numbers 53 is correct.

Q seems to vary depending on the mode I select, so there must be more to it than a simple indication of how much the system leaks.

I too would also like to know where the two temperatures are measured,
»red-ray« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • Shield-Q47.png
  • Deaeration-Q100.png
  • Monitor-Q194.png

The Mystery Continues

Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2022, 20:14

I agree that D is the difference between P1 and P2, and its pretty clear that P1 and P2 are pressure values in mbar. What these values represent remains a mystery. Are they measured pressures or calculated values? I thought that maybe these are the pressures on each side of the membrane, but based on the pressure value displayed above the needle gauge at the top of the diagram, this theory does not hold up. I cannot see any relationship between the value of Q and any other values shown in the Status diagram. I don't know if Aquacomputer devs do not want to make this information known or have just not gotten around to responding beyond their one not very informative post about T1 and T2.

I don't understand why the AC devs seem to be reluctant to provide detailed information about these values. If the end user is not supposed to know what these values mean they why display them in the Status diagram? I am also surprised that no one else has asked what these variables represent. Am I weird for wanting to understand my LKS and what the Status page is telling me?

red-ray

Why are there very different values for the same device?

Montag, 31. Oktober 2022, 22:19

I have noticed that after about 3 days my LKS does Establish vacuum and after it has done this I noted:
  1. The event log reports a pressure of 156 ⅿ㍴, why so high?
  2. The reported pressure is 77.8 mbar, why so low (it's lower than the Setpoint!) and why isn't it 156 ⅿ㍴?
  3. The membrane values changed to P1: 80 P2: 78 Q: 33 D: 2, why did these values change and why are they so different to the values after doing a Measure Level?
After doing the Measure Level the values I see are very different, why? They are:
  1. Event log 96 ⅿ㍴
  2. Reported pressure 96.1 ⅿ㍴
  3. The membrane values were back to P1: 148 P2: 97 Q: 185 D: 51
I suspect it would be much easier to understand why the values are so different if what they represent was fully documented.

It's disappointing, but not a surprise to me, that AC have failed to provide any more insight, I just don't get why they don't.
»red-ray« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • LKS after Establishing vacuum.png
  • LKS after Measure fill level.png

red-ray

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 09:59

Why then should a further explanation follow?.

Because additional questions have been asked about why the numbers reported are very different for the same hardware at different times.

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 20:49

You have received an answer to your question, Aquacomputer is not obliged to document all values that are only used internally in the LEAKSHIELD.

What one could accuse them of is that the values that are not intended for the user are visible in the GUI. Why then should a further explanation follow?
I don't want to "accuse" anyone of anything, but I did ask "If the end user is not supposed to know what these values mean they why display them in the Status diagram?" I also pointed out that the word "membrane" is misspelled in an effort to be helpful. I still don't know why these variables are displayed or if they are meant to be interpreted by the end user because my inquiry was ignored. I suspect that if I sent my questions to AC support they would still be ignored. Perhaps I will try it.

I am totally amazed that no one else has ever wondered what these variables mean, and that asking on the AC forum and expecting a meaningful answer seems to have upset some people. I just don't get it. I expect to encounter fanboy attitudes on the Corsair gaming kiddie forum. I had hoped for a more professional level of discourse here. AQS is a great program, but it has its issues and there is always room for improvement. Bringing up issues seems to make one a target here which IMHO is a shame as it inhibits improvement of the product.

Donnerstag, 3. November 2022, 18:46

These variables are showing the behaviour of the membrane. We added them for our service and they show different pressures at the pump cycle and some calculated factors.
As some users (below 1%) have reported issues with clogged membranes we will add a nice status indicator in the near future and a warning when the membrane needs cleaning.

The membrane permability is measured by the pressure difference between the point the pump runs and after stopping the pump and waiting for equalization of the pressure of both sides.

red-ray

Donnerstag, 3. November 2022, 20:40

We added them for our service and they show different pressures at the pump cycle and some calculated factors.

At last, a reply, however it fails to tell us what these values mean and what affects them, further it does not answer my 'Why are there very different values for the same device?' question.

I just don't get what AC don't document what these are in the first place or at least tell us what they mean, it would mean we can better understand how well our hardware is working and what do AC lose my doing this?

Samstag, 5. November 2022, 23:23

These variables are showing the behaviour of the membrane. We added them for our service and they show different pressures at the pump cycle and some calculated factors.
As some users (below 1%) have reported issues with clogged membranes we will add a nice status indicator in the near future and a warning when the membrane needs cleaning.

The membrane permability is measured by the pressure difference between the point the pump runs and after stopping the pump and waiting for equalization of the pressure of both sides.
Thank you Stephan for providing some insight into what the values displayed in the LKS Status window mean. If I understand, you can measure and/or calculate the pressure on each side of the membrane, then use this information to calculate the permeability of the membrane. Once you have that, its trivial to display an alarm if the permeability is outside of an acceptable range. I am curious if the status indicator that you are going to add will be a simple alert that just indicates that the membrane is clogged or it if will provide a range of data. Either way it will be a welcome improvement because clogged membranes seem to be an issue for some users (below 1% according to AC).

Sebastian made it quite clear in his response to red-ray that AC does not consider the values displayed in the Status window to be something end users should understand or dare to even ask about. I don't understand his position because if these values help to determine the operating condition of the LKS, if end users understood what the values mean then we could use them to determine what may be causing a problem with our LKS without having to bother AC support. There seems to be quite a few posts about LKS issues in the forum. It's a rather unique device that a lot of people seem to have trouble getting properly configured. I would think that AC would want to provide information on what these values mean, so that we cold better understand what our LKS is doing, and resolve issues on our own instead of posting messages in this forum and/or submitting them to AC support. It's your company and your product so you can do what you want. Since asking about these values seems to enrage at least some people at AC, I will stop asking, and thank you for the insight you have provided.