• 16.04.2024, 06:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Running Aquasuite on New Installation of Windows 11 without older .NET Framework 4.6.1

Montag, 3. Oktober 2022, 18:44

I did a fresh install of windows 11 instead of upgrading from Windows 10. I of course then lost the .NET Framework 4.6.1 that I previously had installed on Windows 10. Windows 11 uses a newer Framework that is not compatible with Aquasuite. I have tried many different ways to uninstall or disabling the newer Framework in order to try and install the older 4.6.1 needed to run the program. Aquasuite shows it is installed on the computer but does not show up in the taskbar nor does it open when trying to run the program without the older framework installed.
  1. Is Aquasuite going to support newer Frameworks in the near future?
  2. Has anyone successfully got Aquausuite to run on a new installation of Windows 11 and how did you install the older .NET Framework?

aquasuite and windows 11

Montag, 3. Oktober 2022, 21:21

Hi i successfully got aquasuite running with windows 11 version 22H2,All i really did was i did a fresh install of windows 11 to start off with,then began the usual importing of pages and settings etc.
But it does work with windows 11.
Didnt install the older .net framework

Dont get me wrong i sometimes have the issue of some of the sensors not responding and having to restart aquasuit etc with admin rights,sometimes it seems to not start with admin rights.
Could be related to windows 11 but then from version X.57 even with windows 10 I found that the aquacomputer hardware monitor seems to intermitently not respond,still present in version X.59.

Dont know if this is maybe still an issue that aquacomputer need to fix or not,not 100%sure on that.

So basically to sum everything up.
Fresh install of windows 11.
Didnt need to install the .net framework.
Import your settings and pages etc into aquasuite.

Hopefully this helps you a bit and if there are any issues lurking about hopefully aquacomputer can get them resolved, as their software is second to none,in my eyes there is no bnetter software than aquasuite for the things that it does.
Take care and hopefully you get everything up and running.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius

Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2022, 07:26

The aquasuite needs net 4.8.
This is also included in Windows 10/11.