• 19.04.2024, 17:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

New at Aqua computer, what is the use of each product?

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2022, 14:15

Hello, I am new here on this forum and in the Aquacomputer ecosystem I already own a QUADRO, I am starting to get the hang of the well supplied Aquasuite software on this.

But there is a feature I've heard about, and I don't know how it works, or how to get it.
According to various people I have heard, it would be possible to program a function in aquasuite to automatically shut down the computer if the watercooling pump stops.

Could the more knowledgeable users on this forum help me with this?
Do I need another Aquacomputer product? Or is just my QUADRO enough?

Thank
:)
Intel I5 12600KF / Z690 MSI TOMAHWAK WIFI DDR4 / RTX 3080 EVGA GAMING ULTRA / 2x16GB CORSAIR 3200Mhz / SSD NVME CORSAIR 1TO / SEASONIC 750W FOCUS PLUS 80+ GOLD / THERMALTAKE CORE P8

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2022, 14:38

If you have the speed of the pump in the Aquasuite, you can build a virtual software sensor in the Playground, with which you can then feed an output and thus trigger various actions, from a warning window, a warning email or even the controlled shutdown of Windows.

The Playground needs a little training, but you can do just about anything you can imagine :-)

The training time is worth it.

Just browse through the Playground and have a look at all the possibilities, I bet you'll have other thoughts about what you can do with it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Remayz

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2022, 14:46

It's worth it to tinker a bit with the playground before making sensors that shutdown the computer :)

Make sure in the playground settings page that Automatic maintenance mode is activated (should be, by default).
If you mess up a sensor and Aquasuite shutdowns the computer for no reason, it will only do so 3 times instead of locking you out of your PC.

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2022, 19:47

It's worth it to tinker a bit with the playground before making sensors that shutdown the computer :)

Make sure in the playground settings page that Automatic maintenance mode is activated (should be, by default).
If you mess up a sensor and Aquasuite shutdowns the computer for no reason, it will only do so 3 times instead of locking you out of your PC.
Been there, done that! The Maintenance Mode was a great addition to get you out of an incorrectly configured shutdown command that triggers during normal operation.

OP - Welcome to the Forum and Aquasuite. There is another way to trigger a system shutdown but it is not supported on the Quadro. The Octo 8-channel fan controller has a Signal port that can be used with Alarm Cable #53216 to force a hardware based shutdown. The Alarm cable piggybacks onto the header on your motherboard that the case power switch cable plugs into. The Alarm function outputs a momentary logic 0 on the Signal port which emulates pushing the case power button. Unfortunately, the Quadro lacks the Signal port so the Alarm cable cannot be used. The Octo costs a bit more than the Quadro but in addition to having twice as many PWM ports, it also has the Signal port and 2 RGBpx ports verses 1 on the Quadro.

As Remayz and Taubenhaucher explained, you can build a virtual sensor in the Playground and configure it to send a shutdown command to Windows if certain conditions occur. What triggers the shutdown command is up to you, so be careful using it or you could end up having the computer shut down every time Aquasuite starts. The Maintenance mode was added to get those who make this mistake out of this situation. I suggest buidling your virtual sensor but have it send a notification to Windows while you test. When you are sure that it's set up properly, then switch if from sending a notification to sending the shutdown command. Also, note that for this to work, Aquasuite and Windows have to be running. The advantage of the Alarm cable is that it is a hard-wired connection to the power switch header on the motherboard and it will still work if Windows is locked up or otherwise not running properly. If the data source that controls the Alarm is local to the Octo, it will work even if Aquasuite is not running. Note that the High Flow Next also has a Signal port that the Alarm cable will work with.

Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2022, 21:29

Hello thank you all, I have taken note of all your information, I am looking at all the tips on my side
Intel I5 12600KF / Z690 MSI TOMAHWAK WIFI DDR4 / RTX 3080 EVGA GAMING ULTRA / 2x16GB CORSAIR 3200Mhz / SSD NVME CORSAIR 1TO / SEASONIC 750W FOCUS PLUS 80+ GOLD / THERMALTAKE CORE P8

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2023, 09:23

Hello, I'm back again, I've just bought the Leakshield with an ULTITUBE 150 D5, I have a question before I go to the assembly.
Can I fill the fluid tank normally from the top?

Because I see that there is an Infill function that allows you to fill the loop with a pcie bracket and blue tube to be inserted in the canister. But I don't want to fill this way but the traditional way by pouring the liquid from the top is still possible by unscrewing the Leakshield?

Because on Aquasuite there is an action that determines the % of air to be left between the liquid and the Leakshield, but how do you do this when filling by unscrewing the Leakshield?

thank

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2023, 20:56

I also got an Ultitube D150 Pro with Leakshield. When it was time to add coolant, I just unscrewed the LKS and poured coolant into the reservoir until it was almost full. Then I powered up the pump and let it suck that coolant into the loop while having a fitting loosened so air could escape. I had to add more coolant once or twice. Once the loop was full and all of the big air pockets were out, I just topped off the res so it was a few inches below the LKS membrane because the LKS needs some air in the res to work properly. LKS reports the res is about 70% full. You do not want coolant to come into contact with the LKS pressure membrane, so don't fill up the reservoir all the way.

I have not tried using the LKS vacuum to suck in the coolant. I have read some success stories and some failure stories. It's a neat idea but its really not that hard to just unscrew the LKS and pour coolant into the reservoir.

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2023, 21:34

I did both sucking it in works fine, I think the complaints were from people with complex loops, dual pumps and so on.

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2023, 07:28

I have not tried using the LKS vacuum to suck in the coolant. I have read some success stories and some failure stories. It's a neat idea but its really not that hard to just unscrew the LKS and pour coolant into the reservoir.

It can be problematic, if you use an Aqualis, because if you're not really careful, you inadvertently unscrew the whole Aqualis, which will cause a huge mess and potential accident. Especially since the Leakshield has to be screwed rather tightly to remain airtight.

Sucking works fine for me, and unless you have an air leak somewhere, it should fill the loop well enough. At a certain fill level, you should start the pump while filling, just like you'd do when filling the "usual" way, too.
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-