• 25.04.2024, 09:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

red-ray

2 + 2 = 22 type logic from X.59 !

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 00:56

WTF will X.59 not activate? It tells me I have support 'till 15-Aug-23 then refuses to activate. Clearly this is incorrect (total nonsense) and needs to be fixed for X.60!
»red-ray« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Daft.png

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 03:06

All your devices are disconnected, so no.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (8. Oktober 2022, 03:07)

Remayz

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 04:17

the licence is attached to devices serial numbers. if no device is connected = no licence.

red-ray

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 11:53

My point is that I was allowed to update to X.59 without having the devices connected and then for X.59 to refuse to activate is daft! Clearly X.59 knowns I have supported devices I could connect so why do I have to? Further once activated it will run OK even when they are not connected.

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 12:03

If you decide to sell the device(s) that still have the update service, there is no way to find out until the devices are connected.

If there is a possibility to abuse a function, someone will do it, so you have to connect a device.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

red-ray

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 13:44

If it's not going to let me activate 'till I connect the supported devices then it should not update unless supported devices are connected!

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 16:19

Anyone who uses Aquasuite should be aware of this fact, furthermore there is a FAQ that you can read if you want.

I don't understand why you complain about something that is known and has no impact, as long as you don't go through life blindly and thoughtlessly.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

red-ray

I posted in the hope that AC would wish to improve the quality of their software.

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2022, 13:38

There being a FAQ that says this does not change the fact that X.57 telling me I should update to X.59 and then X.59 refusing to activate 'till I connect a supported device is silly.

In general, well written software should stop user's doing things that will not work and this is what happened, so I posted in the hope that AC would wish to improve the quality of their software.

I feel comments such as "you don't go through life blindly and thoughtlessly" say more about the poster than me as this assumes I had not sorted out the issue (I had) and you had no way to know that I had not.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »red-ray« (18. Oktober 2022, 16:45)

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2022, 13:52

Zitat

I feel comments such as "you don't go through life blindly and
thoughtlessly" say more about the poster than me as this assumes I had
sorted out the issue (I had) and you had no way to know that I had not.

My statement was this: "I don't understand why you complain about
something that is known and has no impact, as long as you don't go
through life blindly and thoughtlessly"

when you quote me please don't only include what suits you.

Zitat

There being a FAQ that says this does not change the fact that X.57
telling me I should update to X.59 and then X.59 refusing to activate
'till I connect a supported device is silly.

I have already told you one reason on 8 October

Zitat

In general, well written software should stop user's doing things that
will not work and this is what happened, so I posted in the hope that AC
would wish to improve the quality of their software.

Good software doesn't do exactly that, it leaves you every freedom and doesn't restrict you, usually it is assumed that the user will deal with the software unless it is extremely trivial, which Aquasuite is not.

red-ray

This is all a trivial issue which would be trivial to fix

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2022, 14:52

I have already told you one reason on 8 October.

Yes, I know and took this into account so why are you telling me this again?

I counted this with "If it's not going to let me activate 'till I connect the supported devices then it should not update unless supported devices are connected!" which is what would be sensible.

As for the use of "you don't go through life blindly and thoughtlessly" then I stand by using this as you make statements when you don't have enough information to justify what you say so it's totally appropriate, further I am not quoting you, but rather using the same phrase as you used about me and pointing out it's more appropriate when used to describe your post.

If you don't like what I say about you then it's quite simple, don't respond to my posts, that way it will also be less work for the moderators who won't need to censor your posts again.

Looking at Neu: aquasuite X it's clear AC which to in general improve the quality of AS so to me it seems sensible to highlight when it does unexpected things.

In summary this is all a trivial issue which would be trivial to fix, so why are you making such a fuss about it?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »red-ray« (20. Oktober 2022, 15:03)

RE: This is all a trivial issue which would be trivial to fix

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2022, 15:01

Looking at Neu: aquasuite X it's clear AC which to in general improve the quality of AS so to me it seems sensible to highlight when it does unexpected things.

In summary this is all a trivial issue which would be trivial to fix, so why are you making such a fuss about it?
I would agree with you, if it were not for the fact that it is not an unexpected or erroneous behavior!
The Aquasuite can only be installed with a connected device and it works the same way with an update, it checks if an authorized device is connected!

If you think this is a bug, but refuse to accept explanations for this behavior, no one can really help you.

You as a programmer should be able to understand something like this, shouldn't you?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

red-ray

RE: RE: This is all a trivial issue which would be trivial to fix

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2022, 15:09

...if it were not for the fact that it is not an unexpected or erroneous behavior!

As a software engineer, I have long realised few if any users actually read the documentation and found the easy option is to make software I develop defensive. I simply posted what was unexpected to me as I felt it would be trivial to fix and if it were my software I would have fixed it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »red-ray« (20. Oktober 2022, 15:13)

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2022, 15:28

But since it is a bug only from your point of view, but wanted by Aquacomputer, it will probably not change.

So we are in agreement after all.

red-ray

I changed my mind

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2022, 16:36

but wanted by Aquacomputer

No, I changed my mind. Initially I felt X.59 should activate and when I was reminded of the requirement that it should not activate unless a supported device was connected, I revised this to be that X.57 should not have offered to update unless a supported device is connected.

I have several AC devices; some are still supported, others are not and quite often I only have unsupported devices connected to a given system for my testing. Once Activated X.59 allows registered unsupported devices even when no supported devices are connected to that system. This is what happened when I updated from X.57 to X.59 which is why I feel it feel should not have offered to update.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »red-ray« (20. Oktober 2022, 17:32)

RE: I changed my mind

Freitag, 21. Oktober 2022, 18:29

No, I changed my mind. Initially I felt X.59 should activate and when I was reminded of the requirement that it should not activate unless a supported device was connected, I revised this to be that X.57 should not have offered to update unless a supported device is connected.
I have several AC devices; some are still supported, others are not and quite often I only have unsupported devices connected to a given system for my testing. Once Activated X.59 allows registered unsupported devices even when no supported devices are connected to that system. This is what happened when I updated from X.57 to X.59 which is why I feel it feel should not have offered to update.

The aquasuite gives notice if an extension is required at the point of updating (notification.jpg)
Perhaps using the word 'purchase' could alleviate confusion.

A purge of connected devices would help.
  • when a device is not connected, a remove device option is available (remove_option.jpg)
  • If the remove option is exercised, the device no longer lists in the main aquasuite (removed.jpg)
  • when removed, it may be useful to purge the device from the Update list also (purge.jpg)