• 27.04.2024, 12:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Farbwerk Nano running on 240v mains?

Samstag, 22. Oktober 2022, 14:23

Just a quick one - Can I run my external Farbwerk Nano off a 240v mains connection using a USB socket adapter?

Remayz

Samstag, 22. Oktober 2022, 14:34

if you mean the 5v charging sockets some have, yes.
it will run on its onboard presets though obviously. It's no different than when you start your computer and windows isn't loaded yet.
Personally i would probably use a phone charger to power it though. those wall socket embedded 5v adapters are usually pretty crap. and the phone charger can usually supply the 2 amps the nano can use.

Samstag, 22. Oktober 2022, 20:57

I connected mine directly to the 240V main. It was very very bright for approximately 100ms. :D :D

Yes, any USB power source will work for power as long as you have the right cable. That could be a PC's internal USB, an external USB port, or a wall adapter/phone charger. You will still need a PC in order to program it though.

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 02:13

Yeah, a USB adapter plug is what I had in mind.

The idea was to pre-program in some colours/patterns to the profiles and use it instead of those naff LED room lighting kits. I use my current Nano as a standalone like that anyway, albeit powered off a USB on the PC so I don't even need to start it up if I just want some lighting.

OK, so a plug for the supply... most look to be 5v with 2.4A.