• 24.04.2024, 04:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Updates covered but need to extend?

Freitag, 28. Oktober 2022, 19:43

Would someone be so kind to explain why it suggests I need an extension of the update service when I have it until 11/7 as shown?

Freitag, 28. Oktober 2022, 20:29

II guess that AS has here a problem with the non german day/month order :)

You should wait for an official answer from Aquacomnputer

Freitag, 28. Oktober 2022, 23:35

Yes…hence this thread.

red-ray

Freitag, 28. Oktober 2022, 23:56

I have noted that quite often AC fail to reply to posts and feel it would be wise to e-mail info@aqua-computer.de

Remayz

Samstag, 29. Oktober 2022, 00:31

it would be pretty rude if people who contacted the support had to wait for them to wander in the users forum :)

to contact them it's support@aqua-computer.de

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 07:21

Maybe an issue during the update Check. When no device during the check was connected the update service can have a faulty result.
Install the update.

Zitat

I have noted that quite often AC fail to reply to posts

Zitat

This is a User forum..

In Germany, most people have weekends off and don't work.First Post: Oktober 2022, 19:43 (Fiday)

red-ray

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 09:31

Zitat

I have noted that quite often AC fail to reply to posts

In Germany, most people have weekends off and don't work.First Post: Oktober 2022, 19:43 (Fiday)

Yes, this is the situation for this thread, but my observation is a general one with some of the threads/posts being well over a week old.

Remayz

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 14:12

It's still just a users forum. AC interacts here more as a favor when they have time to spare. It's the same on all manufacturers forums. You get support from other users.
If you need support from the manufacturer, you always should go the official way, otherwise they won't see.

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 01:17

Perhaps you are right, but sometimes an AC dev does read a post but provides a response that is vague, or incomplete, and then ignores subsequent requests for clarification.

I posted on October 3rd, asking what the T1, T2, P1, P2, Q and D values mean that are displayed in the Leakshield (LKS) Status window. Sebastian did see this post because he responded to it, but his response was quite vague and did not explain where T1 and T2 are measured, or what the normal range is for these values. I posted again, asking for a more explicit answer, and asking about the other mystery values that are displayed in the LKS status window. This resulted in a guessing game between me, you, and red-ray but no response from Aquacomputer. It has been almost a month and we still don't know what T1, T2, P1, P2, Q, and D represent, or what the normal range is for these values when LKS is in various modes. I thought my questions were quite reasonable, and since there is no mention of these prominently displayed values in the LKS Owners Manual or FAQ, I was a bit surprised that no one had asked before (that I could find). I felt that if I posted these questions in the forum, then the answers would be available to everyone. I was more surprised that other than the initial vague response, the entre thread has been ignored. Do you think if I send these questions in an email to support that I will actually get a meaningful response?

There was also a very interesting post from red-ray on October 23rd that contained a 9 page PDF file containing a number of very astute observations and questions about the Leakshield - nonsensible dates in the log file, LKS showing the system is Protected when the pump speed is unknown, the fact that LKS does not do a Measure Level on start-up (which I agree it should since it is possible the user topped off their reservoir), and several other very good points. Red-ray also asked about the mystery values in the LKS status window and even provided a link to my post. There has been no response to his post or any of the issues identified in the document he attached. This was quite disappointing because he made some very good points and I was looking forward to their response, but sadly, his post was completely ignored.

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 07:31

You have received an answer to your question, Aquacomputer is not obliged to document all values that are only used internally in the LEAKSHIELD.

What one could accuse them of is that the values that are not intended for the user are visible in the GUI.

Why then should a further explanation follow?

To the PDF, I use the LEAKSHIELD now since it is on the market and had also problems with it in the beginning, I worked directly with the support to analyze and solve them.

The content of the PDF is from my point of view more a compilation of things that red-ray does not like, not a list of bugs.

None of this has ever affected the functionality of LEAKSHIELD in my computer.
In addition, there is a solution for the lost pump data, it is in the Aquasuite in the option background service the hook in front of "Automatically reset USB connection in case of errors".
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 10:57

Maybe an issue during the update Check. When no device during the check was connected the update service can have a faulty result.
Install the update.

I will do that shortly and see what happens. The device shown that's supported is most definitely connected.

EDIT:

In this case, it may have been some one-off issue as when I fired it up this morning, that message wasn't there, and the update ran just fine. Apologies for the false alarm. No idea what caused that.

Perhaps you are right, but sometimes an AC dev does read a post but provides a response that is vague, or incomplete, and then ignores subsequent requests for clarification.

I posted on October 3rd, asking what the T1, T2, P1, P2, Q and D values mean that are displayed in the Leakshield (LKS) Status window.

So post in there again. The hell does that have to do with this thread?

Yes, this is the situation for this thread, but my observation is a general one with some of the threads/posts being well over a week old.

What observation? If you're suggesting that I was somehow looking for an immediate response...well, you know what they say when you assume.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (2. November 2022, 11:07)

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 20:14

So post in there again. The hell does that have to do with this thread?
You are right. Your thread about your Update Service issue kind of got hijacked and turned into a discussion about posting questions to AC on their forum verses sending them to support, but it was hijacked before I posted here. That said, apologies for posting about my unanswered questions in your thread. I did so because posts in the thread I started about the Leakshield mystery variables have been ignored so it seemed pointless to post there again. Happy to hear that your issue seems to have resolved.