• 05.02.2023, 12:22
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Upgrading Aquaero LT to Aquaero XT / PRO

Thursday, November 24th 2022, 7:53pm

Would it be possible to buy the parts (replacement LCD, front plate, front assembly) to essentially upgrade your Aquaero LT to an Aquaero XT? The reason I'm asking is because I have an Aquaero LT and would like to add a display to show out of my case window. Also, would it be possible to use Aquaero 5 XT / PRO parts with an Aquaero LT? Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Sunday, December 4th 2022, 9:19pm

Yes it is possible. How good are you with a soldering iron?

Maki911

Tuesday, January 3rd 2023, 4:09pm

What needs to be soldered? Can U pls elaborate ?

Tuesday, January 3rd 2023, 6:27pm

I do not believe there are any soldering involved
There will be the display front module, a connector cable, and some mounting screws/offsets
Contact support (support@aqua-computer.de), they should be able to quote you a package

One thing to keep in mind, if the initial QC shows an aquaero to not function with the display, but everything else is OK, the unit may be sold as an LT.
In other words, not all LTs are guaranteed to be upgradeable to XTs or Pros.
Discuss that with Support also, they may have a SN database

Edit: Correction, there is no ribbon cable involved, the display module simply connects to a plug on the LT

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InfoSeeker" (Jan 3rd 2023, 6:34pm)

Tuesday, January 3rd 2023, 8:05pm

On my 6 LT someone cipped off the 24 pins on the forward facing connector block. This isn't the first one like this that I have seen. So you would have to unsolder the pins, ditch the block, resolder the pins onto the circuit board, and slide the connector block back on. I usually buy the two row blocks at electronic part stores and snip to size. Pics in a few minutes.

[img]https://app.photobucket.com/images/a225/TopNurse/20230103_140221.jpg?Expires=1672774693&Key-Pair-Id=K2XSWSNSTMPM4C&Signature=IuTev3koi39x1rPSzdvIJaEyxZACz6B7LAobX~7yuCy~VGlafdt2s9HV6NvYFdUE-jkm~AAuO0TB4DwwHLyimvW-yqujDiKjVXKB~oQF~iCMtTevgZLJY1Hfr8XYBLGa81Txpq8lY8JRgSRGwK5z2ttH5IUdUBVZIp9prxZxbpN8zNKyc5eHmoo3Vw8d6ehjLIwT7SrMW1BF20F0gOSJUq6TiuVt4ez~fwS~KQbG4ApOLF3Cmwax820mzEJOt5LZxDPSh1xA0bsOR5wIKEEm1oPReWXlNGV7tUHjBTaNH4U6E5HyosmECaC~47ZsW0HMwaYnu5WUQXzBIhTXYZQfwA__
[/img]

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Top_Nurse" (Jan 3rd 2023, 8:42pm)

Tuesday, January 3rd 2023, 10:42pm

Looking at the picture of the back of the aquaero LT in the web shop, you can see the pins are there from the factory (left side between the stand-offs).

The pin clipping must be an after purchase modification for a build with space issues that required closer mounting to the bulkhead.

Check your LT for your pin status.
I still suggest contacting support to see what they have available.
Looking at the web shop the aquaero listings look diminished from the past.

Maki911

Wednesday, January 4th 2023, 12:24am

I do not believe there are any soldering involved
There will be the display front module, a connector cable, and some mounting screws/offsets
Contact support (support@aqua-computer.de), they should be able to quote you a package

One thing to keep in mind, if the initial QC shows an aquaero to not function with the display, but everything else is OK, the unit may be sold as an LT.
In other words, not all LTs are guaranteed to be upgradeable to XTs or Pros.
Discuss that with Support also, they may have a SN database

Edit: Correction, there is no ribbon cable involved, the display module simply connects to a plug on the LT
Tnx,my LT looks like that.I will email AC support and ask them if its possible to upgrade 6LT.I didn't have enough space for 6XT that why I bought the 6LT,but now I have.... x)