• 20.04.2024, 06:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Difference between some Aquacomputer CPU Block & VARIO

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2022, 03:56

I am shopping CPU blocks and definitely want to get an Aquacomputer block. I will probably get one with a Vision display but I am trying to decide if VARIO is worth the extra cost. Also, Aquacomputer makes a lot of variants but for some of them I cannot figure out the difference between them. The descriptions are exactly the same except one will say for AM5/AM4 but the other one will say for AM5/AM4/3000/5000. Isn't AM5 and 5000 the same thing? What is the difference between blocks that list 3000 and blocks that don't list 3000? Here are 3 examples.

VARIO, VISION, PVD/Nickel
#21783 - cuplex kryos NEXT VARIO with VISION AM5/AM4/3000/5000, PVD/nickel
#21725 - cuplex kryos NEXT VARIO with VISION AM5/AM4, PVD/Nickel

Another Example:

VISION, Acetal/Nickel
#21772 - cuplex kryos NEXT with VISION AM5/AM4/3000/5000, Acetal/Nickel
#21714 - cuplex kryos NEXT with VISION AM5/AM4, Acetal/Nickel

Another Example:

VISION, Acetal/Copper
#21771 - cuplex kryos NEXT with VISION AM5/AM4/3000/5000, acetal/copper
#21713 - cuplex kryos NEXT with VISION AM5/AM4, acetal/copper

What is the difference between these sets of models? On the Aquacomputer shop site, each set of blocks is the exact same price but at the US distributors' sites that has them listed the prices vary by as much as 18%.

Regarding VARIO - This feature seems to add about $60 to the cost of the block. I would love to hear some opinions on how well this works and what type of temperature reduction should I hope for. I assume this will depend on the geometry of the particular IHS to some extent. Could I get a 5°C reduction in CPU temps using VARIO?

Many thanks for any insights.

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2022, 08:06

This is what the product description says

Zitat

When using the AM5/AM4/3000/5000 retention system, the
water block is not centered on the CPU. Instead, the water block is
installed slightly off-center for optimum heat dissipation in accordance
with the modified internal design of the Ryzen 3000 and Ryzen 5000
series CPUs.

This Thread may help
CPU Water Block: cuplex kryos NEXT VARIO vs cuplex kryos NEXT

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (7. Dezember 2022, 08:12)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

RE: Difference between some Aquacomputer CPU Block & VARIO

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2022, 18:01

Zitat von »Speedy-VI«

The VARIO function is difficult to adjust. Although I have installed a CPU water block with VARIO function,
it still has not adjusted the best efficiency.
The difficulty is that there are four adjustment screws that will affect the efficiency. It takes several attempts to know the difference,
and the position of the CPU is not easy to adjust according to the mark.
Discussions on the forum mentioned that only 5% of users can adjust the best efficiency,
because the IHS of each CPU is different and it is difficult to apply other people's experience.

in addition,
It is mentioned in the product description that the different specifications should be the source of the price difference. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jacob« (7. Dezember 2022, 18:05)

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2022, 21:20

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. Based on the information in that thread, the linked reviews, and opinions gathered on Reddit, I now have a much clearer expectation of what the VARIO system can do. My take away is that I could see up to a 2°C improvement in CPU temp but it depends on the geometry of the IHS. If its already pretty much flat, VARIO is not going to do much. If the IHS surface is irregular, VARIO may be able to compensate. Based on this, I think I will skip the VARIO option and use the money saved on better fans.

Now I need to decide about Vision. I like the little OLED displays on my D5 Next, LKS, and High Flow Next, but I have their brightness turned down, and Off when Idle because I am worried about them burning in and eventually dying. Getting the Vision option means I have to deal with a USB cable exiting the block, but it also provides an on-block temp sensor and inclusion in AQS which is nice. I see that you can connect a flow meter or alarm cable but it is not clear where the connector is for this. I found a picture with the Vision display removed and can see connectors underneath. Do I have to remove the Vison display to get to the connector for a flow meter or alarm cable? How does the second cable exit the block? The owner's manual does not mention the flow meter or alarm cable options.

cuplex Vision block detail.jpg

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2022, 06:57

I had the Kryos NEXT with Vision first and had the display on permanently, I didn't worry about burn in.
The result is, I never looked at the display and I don't now, I have an Aquasuite overlay on my second monitor, since I only run it with a black background the ghosting is barely noticeable, if I invert it it looks terrible :-)
I have the other 3 displays, just like you, in standby off.

To get to the ports you have to remove the display, that's not the problem, it gets fiddly when you put it back on, because there is very little space for the cables.

All in all, I would probably do without the display today.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder