• 26.04.2024, 12:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquabus sensor assignment issue

Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2022, 22:20

Greetings

I'm not a new AquaComputer user, but I'm throwing myself into the Aquabus frenzy now and I have come across an issue right from the start.

I have the following setup:

1. Aquaero 6 Pro
2. Aquabus hub (installed on the Aquaero)
3. OCTO
4. HighFlow NEXT
5. D5 NEXT

Now, my issue is that the "Fan" and "Flow" outputs/sensors on the D5 NEXT aren't being sent to the Aquaero, because the OCTO, apparently, already provide outputs/sensors with the same value/name to the Aquaero.

The exact error message in the aquabus page on the Aquaero is:

"One or more sensors/values can not be assigned, because they are used by another aquabus device.
All elements highlighted in orange are currently not available."

Further below, these are highlighted in orange:

"Fan -> Fan 9 | already used by OCTO"
"Flow -> Flow sensor 3 | already used by OCTO"

Is there a way to re-arrange or re-assign this, so ALL my sensors/values from all my connected aquabus devices don't collide with each other like this?
/MotoMazz

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 06:48

Take a look into the Manual.
It describes exactly which devices can be managed via aquabus and how.

This is not an issue, the is the normal behavior when you connect more than one device via aquabus.
Disconnect the devices from aquabus an use only the USB Connection.

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 16:18

Thanks for the answer, while it wasn't exactly the answer I was hoping for.

I purchased the aquabus X4 hub and necessary cables in order to primarily control my fans and pump from the Aquaero, but it's a bit annoying that some ID's block others.

But what was much worse (I discovered this late last night): The Aquaero has 4 curve controllers, but I thought 8 more would be added when connecting the OCTO via Aquabus. It didn't...

So, apparently, I can't control the fans connected to the OCTO, each with it's own, individual curve controller from the Aquaero (I have used the 4 curve controllers on the Aquaero for fans connected to the Aquaero).

I have to disconnect the aquabus cable between the OCTO and the Aquaero and rely on software sensors to be able to do what I was hoping I could achieve with aquabus.

TBH, I feel like it's a waste of money to go with aquabus. I simply cannot see what it's good for. I'll manage. I was just hoping it would be better and would allow me to control everything from the Aquaero..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MotoMazz« (14. Dezember 2022, 16:22)

/MotoMazz

Remayz

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 18:57

the Octo becomes a PWM extension of the aquaero. it doesn't bring any of its own features when using aquabus.
Aquabus is good when you can't use windows and need to have your entire loop be autonomous, not needing any software support.
But you have much more features with USB. Aquabus is more of a legacy feature that can be handy for some special cases.

Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2022, 13:03

Yup, I came to that conclusion, too. I'm going to toss it all in the bin and go the USB route instead. Was interesting trying it out, but lack of features makes it unsuitable for my needs.
/MotoMazz