• 25.04.2024, 17:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Leakshield help

Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2022, 23:57

My leakshield never really worked properly, I'm sort of out of idea what to do.

I just rebuilt the whole loop, tightened every as tight as I can which seems too much but...

I did a test with just air in the loop and it dropped 12 mbar in 10 min so seemed fine, should it be less?

Now its filled with dp ultra and it leaks much worse than with air, if I do the leak test then its like 5 mbar/min.

If I just do monitor mode then it leaks about 1.5 mbar/min at 90 mbar, when it get below 60 mbar then it drops to 0 so it can just about live in monitor mode.

I have EK 16/10 mm ZMT tubing, CPU block, 420 Rad, HFN, D5N, 100 mm Ultitube, 8x bitspower fittings, corsair rotary, EK valve.

I don't know what else to try

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 07:36

There is actually only one value that reliably tells you if it is usable in the current state of your loop, how often does the LEAKSHIELD pump in shield mode?
If it is less than 30 seconds per day, everything is ok.
The measured values of the LEAKSHIELD are so accurate that every breeze over the radiator and every slightest change in temperature of the water are immediately visible on the pressure.
In addition, any change in pump speed will also show up when you control your pump.

You will never get your system 100% airtight, the components are not designed for that, but the LEAKSHIELD does not need to be 100% airtight, it is only to prevent water from leaking in case of a water leak.

Thus, air is always drawn into the system by the negative pressure in the loop, in one case more, in the other less.
PS. If you screw the fittings too tightly, you damage the sealing rings, which in the worst case also leads to water leakage.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (14. Dezember 2022, 07:38)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 18:35

Its more than 30 s in Shield mode.

In monitor mode then it was less before I rebuilt the loop, I need to check now.

Before, I was advised that the tube is pulling off at higher pressure hence why it leak nothing at 60 mbar but leaks a ton at 300 mbar. When I rebuilt the loop there was one fitting that look like the tube that could have been the culprit. However, nothing really changed after rebuilding hence why I can not explain why it still doesn't perform to specs.

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 18:59

How can a tube be pulled from the fitting under negative pressure? Or do you mean that the tube contracts?
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 20:49

I don't really know its what someone from AC said.

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2022, 00:40

Its less than 30 s in monitor mode so rebuilding the whole loop didn't really change anything, so still open to ideas.

Someone said before it could be the rotary fitting so I will swap this out for a non-rotary one.