• 24.04.2024, 12:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

laggy

Advice Needed, Aquaero 6 XT and OCTO/Farbewerk 360 Setup with Picture (Fixed)

Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2022, 10:33

Greetings all,

I need advice and recommendation on how to make this work the best possible way,
In the picture below you see what I am trying to accomplish and I want confirmation
from the experts in the forum about my setup and if there is any issues I did not notice?

One thing to note:
I bought the OCTO already but will not be using it with my DC fans as it is not compatible,
I will connect the fans directly to the Aquaero 6 XT instead and hold on to the OCTO for future PWM fan upgrade.
What to do with the F5 2xfans on channel 5? connect directly to the Motherboard instead or is there away to make it work with Aquaero 6?

Your guidance is greatly appreciated, Thank you!
(Picture in replies below)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 10 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (16. Dezember 2022, 20:11)

laggy

Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2022, 15:55

A bump and a quick note:
I know Farbewerk requires no connection to Aquabus "experimental for the meantime?"
instead I will connect it to the USB Hubby only instead.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (15. Dezember 2022, 15:57)

Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2022, 17:23

I don't see any picture.

laggy

Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2022, 18:07

Can you refresh and check now please? Thank you for letting me know

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 06:49

I'll start with the Aquabus, you only need it if you use something other than Windows.
Basically you control all devices via the Aquasuite and it gets its data via USB.
If you use e.g. Linux this possibility is missing and all devices run autonomously, so you can only control them with sensors connected to the device itself or via the Aquabus.
Since the Aquabus is very narrow-banded, it can not transfer large amounts of data, it only works with sensor values and fans, a Farbwerk360 can not be addressed.

Then to the LEDs, the high flow NEXT does not need to be connected to the Farbwerk360, it can control 90 LEDs itself, the lighting of the motherboard itself cannot be controlled by the Farbwerk 360, if it is only a water block it should work.

About the fans, they should all be able to run via the Aquaero, the question is whether they need their own channel, several radiators can also be connected to one channel, then the Splitty 9 would also be helpful.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

laggy

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 09:33

I'll start with the Aquabus, you only need it if you use something other than Windows.
Basically you control all devices via the Aquasuite and it gets its data via USB.
If you use e.g. Linux this possibility is missing and all devices run autonomously, so you can only control them with sensors connected to the device itself or via the Aquabus.
Since the Aquabus is very narrow-banded, it can not transfer large amounts of data, it only works with sensor values and fans, a Farbwerk360 can not be addressed.

Then to the LEDs, the high flow NEXT does not need to be connected to the Farbwerk360, it can control 90 LEDs itself, the lighting of the motherboard itself cannot be controlled by the Farbwerk 360, if it is only a water block it should work.

About the fans, they should all be able to run via the Aquaero, the question is whether they need their own channel, several radiators can also be connected to one channel, then the Splitty 9 would also be helpful.

Thank you for the reply,
because of the translation some things are not clear, please clarify more if possible or someone else can clarify things more?

You are saying:
1- Aquabus by nature is limited in the data it can handle, USB is much better and can handle both data and some power.
2- high flow NEXT does not need farbwerk360 connection for the RGB, so only USB 2.0 connection is enough for its power plus the RGB?
3- The motherboard I have has a waterblock with DRGB just like the GPU block, I was told it can be controlled by the Farbwerk 360 with no issues?
4-The fans yes, I do need them on separate channels like indicated in the picture from F1 to F5, the problem is Aquaero 6 can only read up to F4, what can I do about the F5 channel?
or must I connect it to the motherboard header only?

I have included a new picture for the new setup, I would appreciate everyone's suggestions and advice if I need to change something.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (16. Dezember 2022, 09:34)

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 10:11

1: right, you always need USB, Aquabus is optional for certain use cases.

2: the high flow NEXT itself has a RGBpx controller for 90 LEDs, so it cannot be controlled by the Farbwerk 360.

3: that's what I wrote, should work then.

4: if you can't merge fans, can't/won't switch to PWM fans you can run F5 on the motherboard only, or you can buy a second Aquaero, which makes little sense!

To connect the Calitemp to the aquaero you don't need a Splitty 9, if you want to connect more than one Calitemp you need an aquabus X4 for aquaero 5/6 .

Again to the aquabus, normally you control the fans by water temperature, if you have the appropriate sensor(s) connected directly to the aquaero, like in your case the calitemp, you don't need an aquabus even without Windows.
If you get the data for control from another device, such as the high flow NEXT, the sensor values would be missing during system startup or under Linux and the Aquaero uses the fallback values configured by you.

So as long as you have all the sensors you need to control your fans connected directly to the Aquaero, the Aquabus has no advantage, because the Aquaero, just like the other devices from Aquacomputer, once configured, run completely autonomously.

The Aquasuite is used as configuration software and to make sensors available to other devices via USB as software sensors, among the many other possibilities :-)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (16. Dezember 2022, 10:13)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Remayz

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 11:01

for DC fans there's still the option to use a poweradjust :
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3196

.. or upgrade to PWM fans :)

laggy

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 11:53

1: right, you always need USB, Aquabus is optional for certain use cases.

2: the high flow NEXT itself has a RGBpx controller for 90 LEDs, so it cannot be controlled by the Farbwerk 360.

3: that's what I wrote, should work then.

4: if you can't merge fans, can't/won't switch to PWM fans you can run F5 on the motherboard only, or you can buy a second Aquaero, which makes little sense!

To connect the Calitemp to the aquaero you don't need a Splitty 9, if you want to connect more than one Calitemp you need an aquabus X4 for aquaero 5/6 .

Again to the aquabus, normally you control the fans by water temperature, if you have the appropriate sensor(s) connected directly to the aquaero, like in your case the calitemp, you don't need an aquabus even without Windows.
If you get the data for control from another device, such as the high flow NEXT, the sensor values would be missing during system startup or under Linux and the Aquaero uses the fallback values configured by you.

So as long as you have all the sensors you need to control your fans connected directly to the Aquaero, the Aquabus has no advantage, because the Aquaero, just like the other devices from Aquacomputer, once configured, run completely autonomously.

The Aquasuite is used as configuration software and to make sensors available to other devices via USB as software sensors, among the many other possibilities :-)

1: ok Thanks

2: ok Thanks, So I have an option to use the RGBpx on the high flow NEXT to add more light through this device if I needed

3: Thanks good to know

4: okay so F5 goes to the motherboard header instead

• Calitemp, Maybe you are saying here that I can use the Aquabus on the high flow NEXT for Calitemp?

The reason why I have Splitty9 as an Aquabus extension/adapter is because I have low clearance for the Aquabux X4 adapter on the back of the Aquaero 6 XT
There is no space for the X4 to fit, so I am using a long cable from Aquaero 6 HIGH Aquabus to the Splitty9 and using the latter for Aquabus connections.
I can also add more Calitemp sensors in the future.

• I have other temp sensors other than high flow NEXT and Calitemp, the 3rd water temp sensor is inside the reservoir which will be connected to the Aquaero 6 XT along with 4 other temp sensors for Air / Devices like Ram.

The order is like this: high flow NEXT> Waterblocks > Calitemp > Radiator 1> Radiator 2> Radiator 3> Reservoir> 2x D5 Pumps
So I am suspecting that the Reservoir sensor will be critical in the software to set fan curves?

• You didn't tell me what do you think of the picture I posted last, Does this setup look good?

Thank you!

for DC fans there's still the option to use a poweradjust :
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3196

.. or upgrade to PWM fans :)
Hehe good one but I already bought everything sitting in boxes right now, Glad I went with the Aquaero 6 XT.
PWM next year because it will be a $600 purchase :| 8|

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (16. Dezember 2022, 14:05)

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 17:50

Zitat

Zitat

Calitemp, Maybe you are saying here that I can use the Aquabus on the high flow NEXT for Calitemp?

The
reason why I have Splitty9 as an Aquabus extension/adapter is because I
have low clearance for the Aquabux X4 adapter on the back of the
Aquaero 6 XT
There is no space for the X4 to fit, so I am using a
long cable from Aquaero 6 HIGH Aquabus to the Splitty9 and using the
latter for Aquabus connections.

I am certainly not saying that as only the Aquaero is an Aquabus Master, all other Aquabus capable devices can be connected to an Aquaero but not to any other device.

If you want to connect multiple calitemps to one aquaero you need the X4.

Your connections on the picture work like this.

laggy

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 18:48

Zitat

Zitat

Calitemp, Maybe you are saying here that I can use the Aquabus on the high flow NEXT for Calitemp?

The
reason why I have Splitty9 as an Aquabus extension/adapter is because I
have low clearance for the Aquabux X4 adapter on the back of the
Aquaero 6 XT
There is no space for the X4 to fit, so I am using a
long cable from Aquaero 6 HIGH Aquabus to the Splitty9 and using the
latter for Aquabus connections.

I am certainly not saying that as only the Aquaero is an Aquabus Master, all other Aquabus capable devices can be connected to an Aquaero but not to any other device.

If you want to connect multiple calitemps to one aquaero you need the X4.

Your connections on the picture work like this.
You lost me when you said "If you want to connect multiple calitemps to one aquaero you need the X4."
That's not what the website says about the Splitty9, If you connect it to the Aquabus High on the Aquaero 6 then it become the same function as an X4. https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3420

Can you please clarify?
Also I posted my temp monitoring scheme, what is the best point out of the 3 water temp sensors is best to set the fan curve to?

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 19:33

You should perhaps take a look at the product description of the Aquabus X4, then you wouldn't write such nonsense.
Alternatively, look at the product page of the Calitemp, it says the following: "Digital temperature sensor with outstanding accuracy over a wide temperature range. The sensor is equipped with one G1/4 inner thread and one G1/4 outer thread with o-ring seal and can be installed directly between water block/radiator and hose fitting.
An aquaero 5 or aquaero 6 device with firmware version 2100 or newer is required to use this sensor, the sensor has to be connected to the aquabus connector of the aquaero. The aquaero supports a single Calitemp sensor without further hardware, alternatively a maximum of four Calitemp sensors can be connected to a single aquaero using an "aquabus X4" (product code 53258, not included in delivery)."

Remayz

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 19:34

The one right after the blocks reflects best the load on the water loop. Usually that's the best to use for fan speed control, even if in practice, any of the sensors would work just fine.

laggy

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 19:41

You should perhaps take a look at the product description of the Aquabus X4, then you wouldn't write such nonsense.
Alternatively, look at the product page of the Calitemp, it says the following: "Digital temperature sensor with outstanding accuracy over a wide temperature range. The sensor is equipped with one G1/4 inner thread and one G1/4 outer thread with o-ring seal and can be installed directly between water block/radiator and hose fitting.
An aquaero 5 or aquaero 6 device with firmware version 2100 or newer is required to use this sensor, the sensor has to be connected to the aquabus connector of the aquaero. The aquaero supports a single Calitemp sensor without further hardware, alternatively a maximum of four Calitemp sensors can be connected to a single aquaero using an "aquabus X4" (product code 53258, not included in delivery)."
Why the insults? If you don't want to answer then please don't! I clearly asked for expert advice, clearly you don't understand what you are writing in the first place.
"alternatively a maximum of four Calitemp sensors can be connected to a single aquaero using an "aquabus X4" (product code 53258, not included in delivery).""

What do you understand from your X4 statement? and what do you understand from the Splitty 9 statement/description?
"When used as aquabus splitter, the white connector marked with the word "input" is connected to the aquabus connector of an aquaero using the supplied cable.
By setting the jumper to the "aquabus" position, all four aquabus signal lines are forwarded to all black connectors. The splitter can be used for 4-pin as well as 3-pin aquabus devices."

laggy

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 19:43

The one right after the blocks reflects best the load on the water loop. Usually that's the best to use for fan speed control, even if in practice, any of the sensors would work just fine.
Thank you for the kind advice I will follow it, and I take it because the Calitemp location has the biggest swings in temp from cold liquid to hot.

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 19:45

Unfortunately you have not read the description of the Calitemps yet, otherwise you would not have answered like this ;)
Multiple calitemps do not work with normal splitters, no matter if splitty 9 or splitter cables.
For this it needs the X4, if you don't believe me just try it out :)

laggy

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 19:59

Unfortunately you have not read the description of the Calitemps yet, otherwise you would not have answered like this ;)
Multiple calitemps do not work with normal splitters, no matter if splitty 9 or splitter cables.
For this it needs the X4, if you don't believe me just try it out :)
That's good to know, but saying "nonsense" to my question is not exactly the proper manner to address someone asking for help and support
on products he is buying from this company.

Anyway I also have the X4 and will be trying it if it will fit or not.

If anyone else has any advice on this picture/setup I would greatly appreciate it, this "nonsense" is costing so far $12,000+.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (16. Dezember 2022, 20:01)

RE: Advice Needed, Aquaero 6 XT and OCTO/Farbewerk 360 Setup with Picture (Fixed)

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2022, 03:34

1. The upper limit of each fan channel of aquaero XT 5/6 is 30 W, you must confirm that the load cannot exceed 30 W or the system will activate overload protection. You have 18 fans, you can use one channel for six fans on average, and use three channels in total, provided that the total load cannot exceed 54W! Because I have an AMS system, I bought XT and LT to spread the load.
2. The calitemp needs to be connected to the aquabus, you can use the X4 expander to connect four calitemps. I tried aquabus not able to expand through splitty 9, maybe you can give it a try.
3. Farbwerk 360 has four channels, which can be connected to four +5v channels and four light strip channels, and the lighting effects will be synchronized. Each light strip channel can connect six light strips or 90 LEDs, a total of 24 light strips or 360 LEDs, and control the lighting effect through aquasuite. The +5v socket can control the lighting effect of the reservoir or the GPU water block, as long as the surrounding area of the plug that supports +5v can be controlled.
4. highflow NEXT, this is the best flow meter in the water cooling industry. With DP water cooling liquid, it can calculate the conductivity and control the water change schedule. It has many extended functions such as lighting effect control.
5. The above devices must be connected to the HUBBY 7 via the USB port for communication with the system, connection with Aquasuite and future firmware upgrades.

Basically, there is no problem with your connection, the biggest problem is the overload of the fan, since you have purchased the OCTO fan controller, why not replace all the fans with PWM-controlled models? :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jacob« (30. Dezember 2022, 05:10)

laggy

RE: RE: Advice Needed, Aquaero 6 XT and OCTO/Farbewerk 360 Setup with Picture (Fixed)

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2022, 12:10

1. The upper limit of each fan channel of aquaero XT 5/6 is 54W, you must confirm that the load cannot exceed 54W or the system will activate overload protection. You have 18 fans, you can use one channel for six fans on average, and use three channels in total, provided that the total load cannot exceed 54W! Because I have an AMS system, I bought XT and LT to spread the load.
2. The calitemp needs to be connected to the aquabus, you can use the X4 expander to connect four calitemps. I tried aquabus not able to expand through splitty 9, maybe you can give it a try.
3. Farbwerk 360 has four channels, which can be connected to four +5v channels and four light strip channels, and the lighting effects will be synchronized. Each light strip channel can connect six light strips or 90 LEDs, a total of 24 light strips or 360 LEDs, and control the lighting effect through aquasuite. The +5v socket can control the lighting effect of the reservoir or the GPU water block, as long as the surrounding area of the plug that supports +5v can be controlled.
4. highflow NEXT, this is the best flow meter in the water cooling industry. With DP water cooling liquid, it can calculate the conductivity and control the water change schedule. It has many extended functions such as lighting effect control.
5. The above devices must be connected to the HUBBY 7 via the USB port for communication with the system, connection with Aquasuite and future firmware upgrades.

Basically, there is no problem with your connection, the biggest problem is the overload of the fan, since you have purchased the OCTO fan controller, why not replace all the fans with PWM-controlled models? :)

Thank you for going through this setup, really appreciate it.

The DC fans I currently have got the following specs for each fan:
Rated voltage DC 12V
Starting voltage<= 9.0v
Power Consumption
3.6W
Rated Current
0.30A
The max I have is on channel 1 which will have 6 fan= 21.6W
But the total consumption for 16 fans (Not using the 2 extra on Aquaero as there is no channel for them, connect to the Mobo instead)
16 fans= 57.6W

these 3 extra wattages are going to be an issue you think?
I have installed the passive heatsink for the Aquero 6 XT
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3175
Here is a quote from the page indicating that using this heatsink will allow higher maximum power output but
not saying by how much? Also I am not using a waterblock on it, just the heatsink with better thermal pads that I have (10Kw heat transfer)

Zitat

Mounted on an aquaero 6 controller, this passive heat sink improves heat dissipation and thereby increases the maximum power output of the fan channels.

By using the heatsink on the Aquaero 6 XT I think I should be able to get away with 5 extra wattages?

I really want to upgrade to PWM but I want the best PWM fans and the total came to be around $600 with all costs included, I would really
like to hold on to this purchase for next year if possible and use my current hardware if I can.

but I also have the Splitty 4, how can I use it to solve the problem of the aquaero 6 xt power limitation issue if needed to for the fans?
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3766

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »laggy« (17. Dezember 2022, 14:40)

Remayz

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2022, 15:58

that max wattage is nonestly never reached.
the maximum i manage to measure on an octo is about 4 watts with 3 fans at full blast. Granted they are PWM.. the sticker says 5.4W per fan.

with DC fans, the Aquaero will dissipate quite a bit of heat when they run slow and that has to be taken into account too.

Unfortunately the splitty 4 won't help for DC fans. it entirely depends on the aquaero modulating the voltage. You can't power it separately to take some load off (which you could do with PWM).
The only way would be to use a poweradjust controller and connect some fans away from the aquaero.
But again, the fans don't draw that maximum power shown on the sticker. they are always waaaaay below and i'm pretty sure you can get away with connecting them all off the Aquaero.