• 16.04.2024, 22:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Need help with my OCTO and aquasuite. Fans keep going up and down.

Freitag, 23. Dezember 2022, 21:57

My system is currently running with 12 fans so I am using spliters on some of my fans, therefore some of the fans rpm cannot be read and they kept going up and down.
Is there a way to make aquasuite and octo ignore the RPM is low warning?

Remayz

Samstag, 24. Dezember 2022, 00:13

maybe you are using fans that have a zero RPM feature, and they stop when the fan curve goes too low?
What fans are they?

Samstag, 24. Dezember 2022, 09:27

maybe you are using fans that have a zero RPM feature, and they stop when the fan curve goes too low?
What fans are they?
Noctua A12x25

I am pretty sure it is not the fan curve problem,
It is the stupid safety measure OCTO/aquasuite use, when it detect 0 RPM for the fan but it is delivering power, it will keep turning up and down
since my splitter doesn't provide RPM info to OCTO, it always detect 0 RPM therefore the fans kept going up and down

Remayz

Samstag, 24. Dezember 2022, 13:45

Then it's your stupid splitter :p
All splitters should report RPM. there's always one connector that has the RPM wire connected. Not all connectors have that pin since only one fan reports speed. If you have like a 4 fans splitter and only 2 or 3 fans connected, make sure the splitter connector with the 4 pins populated is connected to a fan.

RE: Need help with my OCTO and aquasuite. Fans keep going up and down.

Samstag, 24. Dezember 2022, 17:54

My system is currently running with 12 fans so I am using spliters on some of my fans, therefore some of the fans rpm cannot be read and they kept going up and down.
Is there a way to make aquasuite and octo ignore the RPM is low warning?

Only 1 fan per splitter/fan port should report RPM (if more than 1 fan RPM signal is reporting, it will confuse the controller)
All fans should get the WPM signal

Which splitter are you using?
Are you daisy-chaining splitters?

Samstag, 28. Januar 2023, 19:10

I agree, get a splitter that reports rpm. I had a 4x fan splitters that did not report rpms and the fan rpm was all over the place. I finally was able to get the AQ splitty 9 and now the fan's rpms are pretty consistent and steady. Big difference.
Did you change your fan splitter?
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2023, 19:34

Some splitters have 4 pins on each connector, which results in erroneous RPM data.

Simply check the pinout online and remove the RPM pin from all but one socket end of the splitter.